This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I watched Snowpiercer. On one hand, it was a tight, tense and fairly gripping movie. On the other hand, it seemed to get caught up in its commentary that it was as subtle as Bioshock and much of it didn’t seem to make a huge amount of sense, or at least prompted more questions than it should. And the ending was disappointing. Still, mostly a very enjoyable ride with some very good performances.
    Is that the thing with Cap and the Ancient One? I saw that on Netflix and dallied with it.

Instead I watched Redcon One. Very amateurish, but it was ok as throwaway entertainment I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      Is that the thing with Cap and the Ancient One?
      Yes, that’s the one. It took me ages to realise it was her. I’d recommend it in spite of its flaws.

One Netflix quirk though - one character doesn’t speak English and is supposed to be subtitled but isn’t unless you manually turn them on. For most of the movie it doesn’t matter so assumed that’s just the way the movie is but there is one speech towards the end that is crucial and I knew looking at it that we were supposed to know what he was saying so had to go back with subs on for that part.

Comment

Wonder Park
        I'm assuming it's called that due to some sort of legal issue given the park in the film is actually called Wonderland. Word hadn't been great about this flop but it's the kind of bright thing that we thought mind hold the kids attentions for a bit given their current likes and dislikes and it's nothing special but it's nowhere near as bad as I expected. Visually, it's actually a nice looking film and there's enough basis in the film that with some script polishing and better voice work it could have been really good. It's essentially about a girl called June who spends her time imagining up rides for her imaginary theme park Wonderland with her mother. When her mother falls ill (likely from Cancer) she has to be taken away for months for treatment and this causes June to become repressed from it. A few quick plot jumps later and June finds herself stumbling into the rusting remains of Wonderland in the real world.

Comment

Step Brothers

Wife doesn't like Will Ferrell so I'm launching my propaganda campaign(watching films he stars in until she relents).

It's wonderfully dopey, with Will/John acting like perfectly annoying teenagers.

Prestige Worldwide

Comment

That was on telly the other day.

We watched until the drumkit scene, then lost interest in the adverts.

Comment

What have the adverts got to do with the film itself???

Jesus, you two sound like Shenmue III backers!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                What have the adverts got to do with the film itself???

Jesus, you two sound like Shenmue III backers!
                Half-way through the film, it switched from ITV3 to ITV4.

Everyone involved at ITV in this is a huge scumbag. They owe us a refund

How do I request a refund?
                You guys dont need my money anymore. A slap in the face of the fans that supported you.

You are betraying your earliest, most loyal supporters!
                We helped you create this film with our money, we gave you our trust!

You lied to us, you stab us in the back, and you have the audacity to pass this off as good news?
                I demand to be instantly notified of where and how to get a refund for this fraud!

Comment

The Equalizer 2
                  Very late catching up on this one and putting the likes of Wick aside this is still a very weak sequel. Over long, over dull, over simple with a single reveal you clock the second the character is introduced, Denzel deserves better.

Comment

I mentioned it before, but I saw The Equalizer and it was okay (better than people expected), but the action is all quick edits. You don't see Denzel connect a single hit.

The next day I saw John Wick at the cinema and it just made the lazy fight choreography in Equalizer even more obvious.

Comment

The Equalizer would be considered a pretty good action film 10 years ago but John Wick just steps it up.

Comment

I'm personally waiting for the new Lion King.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 15-08-2019, 11:17.

Comment

Watched a couple last two nights.

First off, Halloween 3, the old 1982/3 one. Used to love it as a kid, was brilliantly weird. Now, it's very leaden, first hour craaaawls by. Stonehenge stuff is still ace. Dan O' Herlihy is always brill (he's ace again here). Would I watch it again? Hmmm. Maybe not. It's dull. It made me a bit sad, used to proper love this film.

Next up...The Raid. Good but forgettable and suffers from vastlyoverrateditis. It was OK, I guess, lots of people hitting stuff and such. Started to nod off in last hour tbh, got bored of the infinite corridor fisticuffs. Really nice cinematography tho, quite desolate and otherworldly it feels.

Comment

I'm trying to watch the new Predator, it's a real chore. I'll write more if I have the patience to watch the rest. But what I will say is, Predator dogs, REALLY? REALLY?

Comment

Two of my faves, [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]!

Sorry you didn't enjoy them to the max, and I guess I know where you're coming from.

Halloween III has always been silly and the pace at which it moves after that first hour is ridiculous, but it's so much fun. That soundtrack really helps set the tone.
                              I love the ending too!

It's funny that you describe The Raid as suffering "vastlyoverrateditis". Before it came out, if someone said it's an Indonesian film, directed by an unknown Welsh director with unknown actors in practically one location, nobody would have had high expectations for it!

Now, because people have seen it and loved it, it's unfairly tagged as overrated!
                              It's not perfect and the fights can get a bit much, but it's one of the best thrill rides I've had at the cinema.

I deffo need to see it again at some point.

Comment

Fast & Furious

Rubbish. I spent most of the film checking the clock. Rubbish CGI-infested driving scenes on the odd occasion there was any actual driving. I was ready to give up on our mission to watch all the F&F films but decided to give the series one last chance to win me back...

Fast 5

...and win me back it damn well diddly-did

This one was wicked.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

So glad I saw this in the cinema. Wife loved it, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X