No announcement yet.

Perfect Dark Zero - Original Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only played PDZero for the first time a few years ago and thought it was pretty decent - good enough to play the campaign twice anyway. Some of the music was fantastic, and I could sit and watch the animation for attaching and removing the silencer from the pistol all day long!

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      I think the game isn't that different from the N64 version but times had changed and PD didn't.
      The N64 version is on a completely different level. Times have become wank, not Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark is forever.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        The N64 version is on a completely different level. Times have become wank, not Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark is forever.
        Its still so far ahead of everything else its not even funny. No ones even attempted to copy it wholesale theres so much content. You could command your bot team mates in multiplayer for christ sake, how many games offer that option even today in a fps?.

Comment

You could tell Perfect Dark Zero was just a modified XBOX game. I bet it was fun having to make it looks like a 360 title.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
            You could tell Perfect Dark Zero was just a modified XBOX game. I bet it was fun having to make it looks like a 360 title.
            Nope, no fun at all. It gave me a massive level of respect for everyone working in games dev. Just to get anything done requires a huge amount of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
              Nope, no fun at all. It gave me a massive level of respect for everyone working in games dev. Just to get anything done requires a huge amount of work.
              Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                Yeah, I was being sarcastic.
                I figured that. I wasn't, though.

Comment

After the plans for Conkers 2 were released, here are the outlines for what would have been Perfect Dark 2

Comment

Got my 360 exactly a decade ago this month and this was one of the first games I got for it. It was £3 at the time and I really quite liked it, I didn't understand all the hate. And it has some nicely lurid, shiny gfx and effects. Bump mapping lol.

I never really thought the original PD was that great, anyway, it always felt like a less fun, less atmospheric version of Goldeneye, to me. All that Area 51 rubbish, pah. (spits)

Comment

Tell a lie, it was quite fun in parts. But just didn't grab me like Goldeneye.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Got my 360 exactly a decade ago this month and this was one of the first games I got for it. It was £3 at the time and I really quite liked it, I didn't understand all the hate.
                        Three quid is not bad for any current gen game, as this was a decade ago.

If yoy'd paid fifty smackers for it on release, you might feel a little more hard done by.

Comment

Working...
                        X