Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    and like **** should we do it again.
    The military-industrial complex will always be pushing for conflict and war. The people don't have any say in it really. The war machine will trundle on creating misery and making lots of money for the maniacs pulling the strings.

The fact that Tony Blair got away with the whole 'fake dossier' fiasco has left me feeling very cynical towards politics and the powers that be in general. It's quite amazing that Syria wasn't invaded, but I'm sure they'll come back to that. Iran has always been on the agenda, so they've turned their attention to overthrowing that regime instead.

I always hope that the warmongers don't get their way, but they nearly always do. We can only sit back and witness the horror from afar.

Comment

I read an article a few years ago outlining how conflict in Iraq and other nations was just a smokescreen and that Iran was always the target. Can’t see it myself. War needs boots on the ground and Iran have a fearsome army.

Comment

Aaaaaah, fug it, we're either gonna die or gonna live.

Let's get gaming and talking acres of shish kebobs of text aboot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
          War needs boots on the ground and Iran have a fearsome army.
          This^

Every man in Iran has to attend 2 years of military service. They have 350,000 active ground troops and pretty much the whole adult male population on reserve.

Comment

Iran’s states reason is that the ship violated several maritime laws including entering a region through its exit.

Possible analysis:

1. The ship did do that and they were within their rights to detain it
            2. The ship did do that but it’s the sort of thing that happens all the time and they’ve decided to pull them up on it because we detained their ship taking oil to Syria (America asked us to do that)
            3. They made the whole thing up

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
              War needs boots on the ground and Iran have a fearsome army.
              Most of it would probably be annihilated for afar. Look at Iraq as an example; just under 4500 US losses and that was years ago. Imagine what weapons they have nowadays.....

Comment

Disappointed in you dvdx2. Didn't you learn anything from that Zack Snyder documentary called "300"?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Most of it would probably be annihilated for afar. Look at Iraq as an example; just under 4500 US losses and that was years ago. Imagine what weapons they have nowadays.....
                  That’s if they want the nuclear capability gone. I think they want a puppet government installed. That will require troops.

Comment

I think if the US unleashed 'Holy Terrrrrr' on Iran, no amount of troops could hold it back. They have the largest air and navy fleet in the world. It'd be like End of Evangelion over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I think if the US unleashed 'Holy Terrrrrr' on Iran, no amount of troops could hold it back. They have the largest air and navy fleet in the world. It'd be like End of Evangelion over there.
                      They might have the largest military in the world and yet they've been stuck in the Middle East for...15 years now?

Originally posted by Jaz
                      That’s if they want the nuclear capability gone. I think they want a puppet government installed. That will require troops.
                      Yeah, because the last puppet government put in place by the US in Iran worked so well!

Comment

Yep! Double down boys, double down.

Comment

It's another clunker for Trump. He's stirred a pot that his base will lap up but at the end of the day he took a nearly done agreement, tore it up, stoked their anger that led to this situation and any resulting conflict or war is ammunition the Democrats will happily use in the upcoming campaign. Trump's too focused on a niche core of his voters.

Comment

Thing is, I can imagine lots of people advising him behind the scenes to jump into a war and not just because many of them are heavily invested in arms companies, mercenary contractors or building companies that make a mint rebuilding after wars. The US has used the spectre of an enemy to try to unite people behind a President time and time again. A war brings people together there, like a county fete only with lots of death nowhere near their own soil so normal people don't have to think about it.

Comment

Another debt he can pretend he didn't make. He's always clung to the line 'it was a bad deal' when it comes to Iran as though it's never once crossed his mind that sometimes these deals may have other factors that $$$ attached to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X