Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big family argument tonight and gotta get up for work at 6.05am. Lovely.

**** it, somebody give me a shotgun, this swede is ripe for the blastin'

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I've heard some of these people say things like "we want to go back to before all these immigrants came here". They're the sort who believe that no non-white people lived in the UK in the Victorian era, when places like the London Docklands and other similar locations supposedly had strong concentrations of people from all over the world. The type of people that can deal with all the dragons in Game of Thrones but draw the line when a person-of-colour comes onscreen.
      Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        It was founded by the Romans
        What have the Romans ever done for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
          What have the Romans ever done for us?
          A BS dead language that you might have to learn in high school for even more BS reasons.

Comment

There's a bunch of grumpy old men whom I used to respect sticking their beaks in about Brexit:

At least Ozzy admits he doesn't understand it!
            'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' is just as puzzling to Ozzy, who asks: "What the f**k is the deal with these Kardashians?"

Comment

"Brexit actually opens our borders" says Bruce, summing up the exact opposite of Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                "Brexit actually opens our borders" says Bruce, summing up the exact opposite of Brexit.
                "I'm quite relaxed about Brexit" says the multimillionaire.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  A BS dead language that you might have to learn in high school for even more BS reasons.
                  At least you didn't say sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                    At least you didn't say sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health.
                    But apart from that, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      But apart from that, what?
                      Peace?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        "I'm quite relaxed about Brexit" says the multimillionaire.
                        The thing is, I can at least understand the perspective of someone who has a business which might benefit; i.e. maybe it'll affect the terms of their sales and performance in different parts of the world. I don't agree with them and I think it's an insular attitude, but I can at least get behind that they believe they know their own work, and that's what they think will happen.

I have less sympathy for people like that Twitter one that was recently posted, who when asked about why they want to vote for Brexit, just repeats over and over multiple catch-phrases and opinions they've heard, but the moment you pose them a question, it's clear they don't actually understand what they're saying, and their real reason is an ideological dislike of the EU and those outside of the UK.

Comment

The inability to buy a decent floor stepper.

Back when I lived in the far-east, I lost 25kgs over the space of a year or so; I did this via the user of a floor-stepper. People might knock them, but stick it in front of the TV, use it for 40 minutes a session, 4 times a week in addition to a low-calorie diet, and they'll really help you lose weight - I mean any calorie-burning exercise will help weight loss; the advantage of these is that you can put them in front of the TV.

However, the only place you can buy such things these days is Amazon. They have a range of about 2,000 models, but really there are about 10 or 15, which are all around the same price (£50 or thereabouts) and are clearly all made by one company (presumably in China) and rebadged... And they all look pretty universally bad. Then, if you want a better-looking one, you have to jump up to the gym-equipment level ones which are £500 or so. There's almost nothing in-between.

Years ago, you would search for something like this, and you'd find many different models at different prices. Today, the manufacturers are all trying to be cheap, so they economise around this handful of models, instead of having a range at different price-points between the £50 and £500 mark.

Comment

I'd recommend long walks. I would. Serious.

Comment

Wooden steps from IKEA. $20.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION];

I was considering getting a pair of those floor steppers this weekend while we were playing Mario.

Maybe the huge gulf is because they’re not popular. People who seriously want one may splurge on an expensive one that will last, and the occasional chancers will not want to invest too much.

I like kryss’ idea. My wife had a bunch of fashion mags she taped together to do steps with but that disappeared when we moved. Maybe we can fashion some from those fat mangas people buy
                                Last edited by randombs; 03-06-2019, 23:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X