Retro Arena: Sprite Scaling Cop Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marius View Post
    Did Outrun Europa miss out because it didn't get an arcade version?
    Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Also, it is not a cop game!
    I’m guessing that maybe [MENTION=6619]Marius[/MENTION] has got OutRun Europa confused with Battle OutRun?

Comment

Also, it is not a cop game!
      I haven't played it for a while, but aren't you trying to evade the police in it? Granted, you're not playing as ghe police. Or am I misremembering?

@Leon, it's OK, worth a look, although it might not have aged well. If I can be bothered, I'll get my Game Gear version out and have a go.

Comment

I haven't played it for a while, but aren't you trying to evade the police in it? Granted, you're not playing as ghe police. Or am I misremembering?
        Leon has been very specific with this Retro Arena!

In OutRun Europe, you're not a cop and I'm pretty sure there's no sprite scaling. Not on the Master System, anyway!

Comment

Leon has been very specific with this Retro Arena!

In OutRun Europe, you're not a cop and I'm pretty sure there's no sprite scaling. Not on the Master System, anyway!
          I think it meets the definition of "with a crime theme".

You're probably right about the sprite scaling, though. I just took the meaning as "driving into the unreachable ahead", or something.

Actually, that's not a bad title for an arcade racer,

Comment

It doesn't fit the criteria, but don't shoot the messenger!

Up next on Retro Arena: Arcade games with a trackball about aliens released on a Tuesday under a full moon.

Comment

I think it meets the definition of "with a crime theme".
              I created this thread because someone mentioned Chase HQ in the 'Arcade Racers' thread I made -- and another person mentioned A.B. Cop being a similar sprite scaling cop game, so I thought I may as well make a very specific topic focused on games similar to Chase HQ.

I could make a topic with a broader "crime" theme. So I will think about it, because there are plenty of crime themed games to choose from.

Comment

Up next on Retro Arena: Arcade games with a trackball about aliens released on a Tuesday under a full moon.
                That was supposed to be a surprise.

Comment

You know I enjoy your Retro Arenas, Leon. You don't have to justify yourself, it's a great idea and a good selection of games.
                  It just made me laugh at how specific you had to be to reduce the selection down.

Comment

You don't have to justify yourself,
                    I was just explaining the method to my madness. The idea came to me after Chase HQ was mentioned in the last Retro Arena.

Maybe the next one will be based on games featuring 'Ninja Rabbits'.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-05-2019, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      I was just explaining the method to my madness. The idea came to me after Chase HQ was mentioned in the last Retro Arena.

Maybe the next one will be based on games featuring 'Ninja Rabbits'.
                      Just ninjas, would actually be a good idea!

Or games featuring nunchakus...

Comment

Just ninjas, would actually be a good idea!
                        Yeah, Ninjas and games featuring Ninjas were a huge thing in the 80s and into the early 90s.

I'll definitely be making a Ninja focused thread sometime soon.

Comment

Got home to find Night Striker waiting for me.

It's the PS version, still sealed.

If I like it, I might invest in its Saturn counterpart.

Out Run Europa is quite fun, by the way. Well worth a quick emulated blast at least.

Comment

Got home to find Night Striker waiting for me.

It's the PS version, still sealed.

If I like it, I might invest in its Saturn counterpart.
                            The Saturn version is better for various reasons, but it's still decent on the PS1. It's a shame that the Saturn version is so expensive these days.

The Mega CD version is block-o-vision.

Out Run Europa is quite fun, by the way. Well worth a quick emulated blast at least.
                            I'll give the Amiga version a spin.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-05-2019, 14:39.

Comment

I watched Yakumo's episode before deciding.

The Saturn version seems better, but it's rare that I bother to set it up. Whereas my PS3 is always set up.

Comment

The Saturn version seems better,
                                Well, it's not like the PS1 version is bad. It's just a bit less polished than the Saturn version.

Have fun with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X