No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uses a modified version of the Horizon Zero dawn engine.

Comment

Can't fault the way it looks, it makes you wonder what the PS5 is going to look like.

Comment

DayZ came out on PS4 this week. £40 and full of bug it would seem. Shame as I really fancied it. I will wait for a price drop and patches.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          DayZ came out on PS4 this week. £40 and full of bug it would seem. Shame as I really fancied it. I will wait for a price drop and patches.

There were 3 big patches day 1 to sort a lot of these issues out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            There were 3 big patches day 1 to sort a lot of these issues out.
            How re you finding the game. I played it a little on PC several years ago. I enjoyed the idea. Was hard, but I didn't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              How re you finding the game. I played it a little on PC several years ago. I enjoyed the idea. Was hard, but I didn't mind.
              I haven’t played it to be honest. I was just going by impressions from my mate when we were discussing it a few days ago. He got it day 1 and just can’t get his head around the press making it out to be the worst game ever released. He’s enjoying it quite a bit.

Comment

Does anybody run an internal SSD in their PS4 Pro? I currently have a Seagate Firecuda SSHD installed in mine, but The Division 2 still often takes a while to load in textures and fast travel is really not fast at all.

I bought a cheap Samsung T3, which I now run TD2 from, and have noticed a huge upgrade in performance. Textures have zero loading and fast travel takes only a few seconds compared to almost a minute on the SSHD.

I’m wondering if it’s worth shelling out for an internal upgrade? Will the OS boot a lot faster? I find that bringing up the party menu in-game sometimes takes over a minute, which is incredibly annoying. I assume that all of my games will benefit from the improved speed also?
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

SSHD are bull**** products tbh.

Can’t speak to the operating system performance but games should load dramatically faster on a proper SSD, the Pro has a SATA-III interface after all so you’ll be able to read at up to 550MB/s or so which should be up to 4x faster than even the fastest mechanical drives.

Honestly, this is one of my biggest issues with consoles right now. Compared to my PC where I’m using an NVMe SSD which has a theoretical read performance exceeding 5x that of SATA-III.
                  Last edited by speedlolita; 31-05-2019, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    SSHD are bull**** products tbh.

Can’t speak to the operating system performance but games should load dramatically faster on a proper SSD, the Pro has a SATA-III interface after all so you’ll be able to read at up to 550MB/s or so which should be up to 4x faster than even the fastest mechanical drives.

Honestly, this is one of my biggest issues with consoles right now. Compared to my PC where I’m using an NVMe SSD which has a theoretical read performance exceeding 5x that of SATA-III.
                    Thanks Oliver. I’m looking at the Samsung 860 Evo 4TB.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That’d be a solid fit I’d think!

Comment

Just ordered a Pro again Third time's the charm

Comment

I’ve got a Firecuda as well. Eurogamer’s tests looked great so I bought it. I’m wishing I’d just gone for a regular 1TB 7200rpm drive because the Firecuda is 5400rpm. I didn’t do any testing to see how much quicker it was than the stock hard drive and, worse, very occasionally a Netflix/whatever stream will freeze for a second and then carry on. Never happened before I installed that SSHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                            Just ordered a Pro again Third time's the charm
                            My pro is quieter than my one x. Must have got lucky!

Comment

What even is the noise that was coming out my one x last week? I didn’t think it even had any fans?

Comment

SSD purchased. I got it for just short of £200 under RRP, which made me smile. I’m currently copying all of my games over to all manner of external HDD’s and USB sticks to save from having to do the 24hour+ backup of my current 1.77TB storage. I should hopefully be able to fit everything I’ve ever purchased on this new drive with a bit of luck.

It’s a shame that there isn’t an 8TB SSD available, as that would have been future-proof no doubt.
                                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-05-2019, 18:07.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X