Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't see the hype myself, same old stuff, pokemon look nice but the environment looks ugly and flat and those dynamax transformations seem like an lazy answer to having to come up new models for mega evolutions.

Comment

It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, but I can't help but still be a little disappointed in the environments. It's not quite the leap forward I wanted it to be.

Still, I'm sure it'll be very enjoyable to play.

Comment

Looks good to me. No surprises and I don’t expect there will be because Pokemon games always seem to play it safe but it looks good.

Comment

The Grandia HD Collection (Grandia I and II) for the Switch has been formally announced, although the publisher, Gung Ho Entertainment, is withholding more info for E3.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            The Grandia HD Collection (Grandia I and II) for the Switch has been formally announced, although the publisher, Gung Ho Entertainment, is withholding more info for E3.
            Woohoo!

Comment

Coming to NS and PS4, Bug Fables:

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                My LG TV’s game mode is pretty useless. Loads of lag.
                I always thought the one I bought had a good game mode.

And it turns out it does. I hadn't realised that you need to set the picture mode for each HDMI input, as soon as I switched that, perfect!

Now, two problems remain, how do I make is a bit less noisy and how do I stop the missus calling it a "tiny child toy" that doesn't "go with our house"!?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Great news

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post

And it turns out it does. I hadn't realised that you need to set the picture mode for each HDMI input, as soon as I switched that, perfect!
                    That's interesting. I wonder if I had it set to the wrong input. I should check again. The lag has been really bad on mine. Not just for rhythm games - playing Pinball FX is really tricky because the timing is so off. I'll try the settings again. It would be wonderful if I could improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post

Now, two problems remain, how do I make is a bit less noisy and how do I stop the missus calling it a "tiny child toy" that doesn't "go with our house"!?
                      A towel over the drum will dampen the noise but you lose some sensitivity in the process you might not notice. it’s worth a try but you will have to hit the controller harder. Placing it on an vibration absorbent surface will also help with noise too. I use the foam grippy mat my hori pro arcade controller came with it helps keep it in one place and the sound a lot less. Just don’t play on hard wood floors it amplifies it like crazy.

As for your wife, time to stand up for yourself. Who cares if it doesn’t fit in, it’s not like it’s a full size taiko drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        That's interesting. I wonder if I had it set to the wrong input. I should check again. The lag has been really bad on mine. Not just for rhythm games - playing Pinball FX is really tricky because the timing is so off. I'll try the settings again. It would be wonderful if I could improve it.
                        My old LG took a while to get calibrated but wasn't great. The newer one gets software updates to improve performance in game mode sometimes so they are making an effort, its a mid range HDR 4k jobbie.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          A towel over the drum will dampen the noise but you lose some sensitivity in the process you might not notice. it’s worth a try but you will have to hit the controller harder. Placing it on an vibration absorbent surface will also help with noise too. I use the foam grippy mat my hori pro arcade controller came with it helps keep it in one place and the sound a lot less. Just don’t play on hard wood floors it amplifies it like crazy.

As for your wife, time to stand up for yourself. Who cares if it doesn’t fit in, it’s not like it’s a full size taiko drum.
                          Ha ha. I told her it was staying and that it shouldn't bother her as she never goes in the game room anyway! Not like there aren't clothes all over the damn place!!

Comment

Good for you, it’s hurting nobody. Life’s too short, have fun & be damned with it.

Comment

Virtua Racing hits the NA store on June 27th! CA$8.99 makes it a little cheaper than the J-shop too.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Virtua Racing hits the NA store on June 27th! CA$8.99 makes it a little cheaper than the J-shop too.
                                Already snapped it up on launch. Phenomenal game, still. Now we have the definitive version, in high-res/handheld form. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X