No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for the franchise taking a break. New films coming 2022, 2024 and 2026.

That’s only a few years away and yet, as I wrote those, they look like futuristic dates. HOW IS TIME GOING SO QUICKLY?! SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Comment

Phantom Menace came out in 1999. I saw it in Blackpool on an overnight stay with my fam purely for me and my bro to go see it together as not kids anymore (we saw Jedi together 30 weeks in a row in Morecambe back in the 8-3, twas a momentous occasion).

Alas, a totally beige, weird movie (politics??? Then a little kid and Jar Jar...to hell with tone... wtf?) it's a bit crap, innit, tbh, Maul is pathetic, it's all padding and CG, it was mediocre at best, has some cool music but it was just really weird, felt like a totally un-Star Wars movie mainly.

Yeah...in a coupla months...be twenty years ago. We got a takeaway after. It was a great trip. All the 'Tipping Point'-style splash machines had Star Wars gubbins in, usually old pin badges n stuff from the 1997 Special Editions, I got loads of Boba Fett tat, it was ace.

Twenty years. Like *that*. Makes you wanna be dead, dunnit? 20 more, 64. Like Commodore.

Comment

Presumably these three films tie to one of the two previously planned trilogies they had in the works. Given the wider schedule it seems one moved forward and one was dropped so it'll be interesting to see which prevailed.

Comment

Star Wars: A New Hope end fight reimagined:

Comment

Very nicely done but wouldn't work at all in context of the film, typical of fan stuff

Comment

The “Star Wars” franchise is coming back in a big way this Fall with Lucasfilm set to premiere “The Mandalorian” TV series on its Disney+ service in November, followed a week later by a new major video game and then a month later by J.J. Abrams’ “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”. What lies beyond […]

Bob Iger has confirmed plans to reveal and launch a third Star Wars live action series for Disney+ before the next Star Wars film releases in 2022

He also confirms that the trilogy that's coming in 2022 is the one developed and run by the duo behind Game of Thrones

Comment

I don't watch Game of Thrones but people have done an awful lot of complaining about it over the years.

Comment

This month’s issue of Vanity Fair is doing an extensive cover story on J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” and have just posted the lengthy feature online which also includes a bunch of photos by the one and only Annie Leibovitz and reveals some key new details. The piece gives first looks […]

Some photo's from Rise of Skywalker and info that says the film is set a year after the end of Last Jedi and deals with the end of the conflict between the Jedi and the Sith - which is just as dumb an idea as Return of the Jedi treating the death of the Emperor as being the end of the Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    http://www.darkhorizons.com/new-rise...hotos-details/

Some photo's from Rise of Skywalker and info that says the film is set a year after the end of Last Jedi and deals with the end of the conflict between the Jedi and the Sith - which is just as dumb an idea as Return of the Jedi treating the death of the Emperor as being the end of the Empire.
                    It'll probably do something daft, like retcon the meaning of "Sith". In the movies it's ill-defined and has never clearly been aligned to what it was in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      It'll probably do something daft, like retcon the meaning of "Sith". In the movies it's ill-defined and has never clearly been aligned to what it was in the EU.
                      Well as you say, it is ill-defined (and kind of stupid) so I can't see how there is even enough to retcon. They can only con... if you know what I mean. For me, the Sith remind me of all the rubbish things in Star Wars for precisely that reason - pretty much every reference comes from the prequels where it refers to things we never saw and doesn't make much sense. I was hoping we could go forward from here, not backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Well as you say, it is ill-defined (and kind of stupid) so I can't see how there is even enough to retcon. They can only con... if you know what I mean. For me, the Sith remind me of all the rubbish things in Star Wars for precisely that reason - pretty much every reference comes from the prequels where it refers to things we never saw and doesn't make much sense. I was hoping we could go forward from here, not backwards.
                        Yeah; in fact, how many times is the word "sith" mentioned in the original trilogy?

EDIT: Just looked it up, and the answer is zero. It's in drafts of the script and in the novelisation, but the word is never uttered in the movies.

Comment

Director says ‘aggressive’ campaign staged via review aggregator sites was a major factor in spin-off film’s meagre ticket sales

A factor Ritchie Cunningham, a factor - not the reason. It'd be a huge mistake for Disney to think trolling is purely why Solo failed

Comment

My contempt for the trolls is well documented and yet I'd say it was barely a factor here. Maybe it affected a few sales but not large amounts of them. There were many other factors not least of which is that the change of directors and reshoots put the cost way above what it was meant to be in the first place - it was not originally a film that needed to make a massive amount of cash. But the bottom line is that the concept didn't excite people. The previous film could have been two hours of a steaming turd (admittedly some people seem to feel it was) and they still would have turned up to this if the concept excited them.

Comment

I didn't go and see Solo (and still haven't) because i'm simply not interested in the concept. I'm guessing he meets Chewie and gets the falcon at some point? It's such a telegraphed concept I can picture the film without seeing it.

Comment

SPOILER: he meets Chewie and gets the falcon at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X