Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this list and thought of Stadia...

Killed by Google is the open source list of dead Google products, services, and devices. It serves as a tribute and memorial of beloved services and products killed by Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post

https://killedbygoogle.com/
      Let's hope Google doesn't kill Android, which nearly anyone with a Smart Phone uses

Comment

https://killedbygoogle.com/
        https://bordersdown.net/threads/1271...=1#post2312909

Comment

Apologies. I missed it.

Comment

Apologies. I missed it.
            No apologies needed - it's probably something worth pointing out at least twice. I particularly disliked the dropping of Picasa because as an image view it works very well, but it means new raw formats now don't work anymore and they never made the source code public domain for others to keep it updated.
            Last edited by MartyG; 26-03-2019, 15:28.

Comment

I don’t trust Google one bit, but I am quite intrigued to see if they can actually pull this off. I have a 50Mb Virgin fibre connection so if that can’t handle it then nothing will.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                I don’t trust Google one bit, but I am quite intrigued to see if they can actually pull this off. I have a 50Mb Virgin fibre connection so if that can’t handle it then nothing will.
                My 80Mb fibre connection might...

I’ll never know though because google aren’t allowed in my house!!! Well, apart from YouTube but I don’t sign in and I VPN when using it.

Comment

The problem with vm is the utterly rubbish current "superhub" has been the bane for online gaming for years since they've introduced It, with it randomly dropping packets when to much data is going through it causing disconnections.

Comment

More of the STD will be revealed on 06 June at 12pm in a Google Direct on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      More of the STD
                      Mhmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

I’ll never know though because google aren’t allowed in my house!!! Well, apart from YouTube but I don’t sign in and I VPN when using it.
                        Out of curiosity why are you so paranoid about them scoping you out a bit? Can't be arsed with all the ads being directed at you? I must admit that's getting to me a bit lately.

In terms of privacy I'd walk down the street with my knob out for a laugh if it didn't mean potentially losing my wife and kid. I don't give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Out of curiosity why are you so paranoid about them scoping you out a bit? Can't be arsed with all the ads being directed at you? I must admit that's getting to me a bit lately.

In terms of privacy I'd walk down the street with my knob out for a laugh if it didn't mean potentially losing my wife and kid. I don't give a ****.
                          Because it’s just not right. I won’t have that crap in my house or on my person. I understand your POV too though.

Comment

You don't use Android either?.

Comment

Because it’s just not right. I won’t have that crap in my house or on my person. I understand your POV too though.
                              You're absolutely right that it isn't right. Moving ahead however I think you're going to drive yourself nuts trying to avoid this kind of intrusion. Even things like Netflix will profile you in order to drive recommended content.

Comment

Yeah it’s a headache for sure. I use a vpn when using Netflix but of course I have to login to that service so they recommend me other stuff to view but I don’t get adverts for other products based on my viewing habits.

@TA I use apple stuff. Now maybe they track me but they say they don’t and are making strides in their devices to stop other people doing so either. I had an Ubuntu phone at one point but the sacrifice was just too great lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X