Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Roland in Time!

I've never played that. I also had 'Roland in the Caves' which was pretty good once you got used to how it plays.

Comment

Roland in the Caves, looks like an Amstrad version of Bugaboo the Flea. I first played Roland in Time on a friends 6128 with green screen monitor, the sound used to blast out. I’ll say one thing, that Roland got round arl ower.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        looks like an Amstrad version of Bugaboo the Flea.
        Yeah, it's the Amstrad version of Bugaboo.

Roland on the Ropes is also a Spectrum game called Fred.

There were around 10 Roland games.

Comment

I was a big fan of Fred back in the day. He was like a Froggy Indy Jones

Comment

Bridge It was the biggest bastard in the world of the amsoft pack ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Bridge It was the biggest bastard in the world of the amsoft pack ins.
              Yeah, a disturbingly bad game.

Comment

Been hooked on this recently , one underrated game on the og xbox this one.

Comment

Perfect Dark, coop with my ex-son (he said it was garbage, although he did give it 30 minutes)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    he said it was garbage
                    ***alarm goes off in dataDave's basement***

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                      Been hooked on this recently , one underrated game on the og xbox this one.
                      I've always been curious about this game, because it looks good and has a positive rep. I really need to get around to actually playing it. There are quite a few top quality gems on the Xbox that don't get much recognition.

Comment

[MENTION=16833]QuantumLeap[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION]. I think if you go into the game with very high expectations, then it might disappoint (especially if you aren't a fan of the source material), but it is a really good game for it's period, with quite a lot of lateral feedom and gadgets to give you different tactical approaches to certain levels and chokepoints.

I own it on two different platforms (only completed it on OG Xbox) and I'm contemplating getting the Switch release.

Edit: FFS! How many of you 'Qu'ixotic buzzards are there?!
                        Last edited by gunrock; 11-09-2019, 16:01.

Comment

Did you mean to tag [MENTION=16833]QuantumLeap[/MENTION], rather than QualityChimp?

Comment

As it was national video game day or something, I thought I should probably play one!

Basically, I just wanted to play Gradius V, so I did.
                            Man, it's brilliant, but I can't get past stage 4.
                            "You need some more practice" the snarky man says when I die, but he's right.

Comment

Been playing through Mario 64 again which (along with Ocarina of Time) has become an almost yearly tradition for me since its original release. It is pretty much perfect imo and even though I know the game inside and out I never get bored of finishing it every year and just find it relaxing to play. Mario Galaxy, 3D World and Odyssey are all great, but none of them have had me coming back to them like Mario 64 has, it has a certain charm that hasn’t been beaten.

Comment

Been giving a few capcom classics like knights of the round and magic sword a rattle - brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X