No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade club Leeds finally opens today so i’ll Be heading there after work for 5 hours of arcade heaven before they kick me out at 11pm. All set, just killing time at work lol. E amuse pass & cash sat rustling in anticipation.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Arcade club Leeds finally opens today so i’ll Be heading there after work for 5 hours of arcade heaven before they kick me out at 11pm. All set, just killing time at work lol. E amuse pass & cash sat rustling in anticipation.
      Lots of videos of this showing up on my social media feed today, and I think I may need to go sooner rather than later, even if only to sit in a corner playing Drum Mania. Whole place is looking brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Lots of videos of this showing up on my social media feed today, and I think I may need to go sooner rather than later, even if only to sit in a corner playing Drum Mania. Whole place is looking brilliant!
        It was actually a bit disappointing it's not a patch on manchester. I'm not going to be too hard on it as it was the opening night and its a LOT of work to get right but quite a few machines were not set up for play they were running but you couldn't start a game. There were only 3 pinball tables i could find one of them been baby pacman which is rare as hell but that was broken.

As for music games, there was no taiko or sound voltex, they had 2 jubeat machines both networked together but no headphone socket input. They had refecbeat and pop n music as well as nostalgia. They had tom tom future, and some new games like gitadora whith a huge set of speakers next to it but the other machine wasnt set up to play guitar. There was a music game using guns that i cant remember off the top of my head and a new japanese version of DDR and that was pretty much it for music stuff.

They did have a nice selection of hydraulic cabs in one section and they had mario kart but sadly no fzero, they had afterburner climax and a weird one using a domed screen. The retro floor upstairs had a nice mix of games but missing some of my faves. To be fair there is still a lot of games there and it's totally down to the stuff you like they had a nice selection of fighters and scrolling shooters including another copy of darius burst EX which i was pleased to see.

I'm hoping as time goes on that it will get better and better, i feel a bit crap been down on it but manchester set the bar stupidly high and it's my own fault for hyping myself up. im sure when that one opened it wasn't prefect from the very start.

Comment

You've been spoiled, my man! Regarding the humble beginnings of the Bury site, try this...

Comment

Chin up!
            A bad time in an arcade is better than a good time at work!

Comment

To be honest it wasn't bad just not upto the impossible picture i had given myself in my head. still craps on most arcades out there. To be honest i have no idea if there is more stuff in the back that hasn't been put out on the floor yet as they haven't set it up as even tonight they had table flip sat in a pile of pieces. But i shall be going back many times as theres a lot for mme to play through & explore.

I never expected them to get gitadora, that alone will be amazing when they have both the guitar & drum machines linked for session mode, the speaker tower next to both look beefy.
              Last edited by importaku; 30-05-2019, 22:45.

Comment

Goddamn it, just found a choon Ive been after hearing for EEEEEEONS since about 2002 or summat, classic French Touch, byoooooodifulh:

Comment

Long walks in the country, hearing the cuckoo at dusk, solitary trees atop hills sculpted all out of shape by unrelenting winds, poems conveying things we've long felt but couldn't articulate, meditating on shrooms, dogs in long grass, seeing old friends, and bowing spontaneously to whatever moves us - whether clouds or cats or dogs or people.

Comment

The drugs have worn off again!!

Comment

Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 05-06-2019, 18:08.

Comment

Randomly went into a charity shop as I had a bit of time to kill before a dental appointment, found this massive 5-for-£1 DVD bit, loads of chaff and copies but ended up coming away with Fast Times at Ridgemont High/Terminator Genisys/Withnail & I/Resident Evil Apocalypse/Tron Legacy, not gonna complain at a 20p Tron, I ain't seen it yet.

Also had PS2 games at three for a quid, nowt great but did see Gran Turismo 4 complete and good nick, plus several 007 Everything or Nothings.

Comment

Comment

Arcade Club in Leeds. Amazing. I've never been to the Bury one but this brought proper smiles to my face, I especially love the window area where the Tempest cab is, it's bizarrely poignant. Really good. Really really good.

Comment

I think I need to get to one of these big arcade club deelies. Is HoG still around? Where are these things located?

Comment

Working...
                              X