No announcement yet.

Phantasy Star Online 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did this ever make it to EU or US territory's? I thought there was an IOS version in the works at some point.

Comment

There's iOS and Android versions if you're in Japan. They were also apparently beta-testing in Asia this summer.

Comment

So, big surprise - apparently this is finally coming west, but only to Xbox One?

Comment

They only said Xbox and PC in the presentation, but they did mention cross play. Could that mean other consoles as well as PC?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
            They only said Xbox and PC in the presentation, but they did mention cross play. Could that mean other consoles as well as PC?
            Apparently it is exclusive, or at least, "PC and Xbox" exclusive - so from that, one is to assume that the PS4 and Switch versions (as well as the others) will remain Japan-only. Of course, this has come from verbal statements made, so who knows what will happen - like if that exclusivity has a limited term.

Comment

Some noise on 'Era becuase Sega have only confirmed this is coming to North America presently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/seg...rating.122018/

#PSO2 is finally making its western debut in North America on Xbox One in Spring 2020. Regarding an EMEA release, there's nothing to confirm right now. We understand it’s frustrating, but when we have more news to share, we will. Stay tuned to https://pso2.com for updates.

Comment

Better late than never I guess?

Comment

Ah man, I don't want to buy another console just for this. I probably will though and everyone will point at me and laugh and I shall return smug faces at them all whilst throwing Meseta around without a care...

Maybe they will add English language patch to the JP version.
                  Last edited by hudson; 10-06-2019, 08:16.

Comment

Bless 'em but this is a colossal waste of dev resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Bless 'em but this is a colossal waste of dev resources.
                      Whut?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Better late than never I guess?
                        I'd guess that they have regional partners for the servers, and they want or have to announce separately. Rather than it's not coming to any of EMEA.

Comment

At last, Can't wait

Comment

Apparently the announcement also featured a Microsoft Azure logo, which is the name of their server infrastructure sub-company. That suggests they're even running the game's servers; though admittedly Azure is used by many companies, not just MS themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Whut?
                              It's work on an 8 year old game to get it released in the US. The market space is competitive enough as it is, this is going to be nothing more than a drop in a pond. Bad timing, minimal push.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                It's work on an 8 year old game to get it released in the US. The market space is competitive enough as it is, this is going to be nothing more than a drop in a pond. Bad timing, minimal push.
                                It came out nearly 3 years ago in Japan on PS4. Probably just needs to press Export to Xbox button.

Comment

Working...
                                X