Sega announces Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega announces Mega Drive Mini

Software to be handled by M2, which is great news.

Not entirely interest myself but thought I’d share.

M2 being involved definitely bumps up my interest. The hardware needs to be right too though but getting M2 involved shows a level of commitment that previous Sega retro projects like this just didn’t have.

Comment

That looks fairly decent. The news M2 are involved is a strong indicator that Sega are taking this one seriously.

Not sure if I’d rather have a Mega SG, they’re awfully swanky (and presumably you’ll be able to load ROMs onto them directly soon enough).

Comment

That’s reflected in the price too.

Comment

Well it’s looking a lot better than the shatgames version, time to start looking for a Japanese preorder.

Comment

I mentioned Sega would get M2 months ago when they announced they were fu#king off Atgames and going with a Japanese partner. It was the obvious choice considering all the work M2 has done with Sega over the years.

Comment

Great news, definifitely feels like a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I mentioned Sega would get M2 months ago when they announced they were fu#king off Atgames and going with a Japanese partner. It was the obvious choice considering all the work M2 has done with Sega over the years.
                And just watch SEGA scew it all up with the games M2 already ported to the 3DS or it various collections. Hope we get some gamed that haven't been part of any collection so far.

Comment

M2 ... I'm in. Great news

Comment

The design of the console looks really good, so if it turns out to be a decent piece of kit, I'll try to grab a Japanese version. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Looks like Sega are taking this seriously. Maybe something to do with the huge sales of the Nintendo minis? I wonder if the guts of the SG will fit inside the Mega Drive mini shell?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        And just watch SEGA scew it all up with the games M2 already ported to the 3DS or it various collections. Hope we get some gamed that haven't been part of any collection so far.
                        Well so far that first portion of the Japanese selection isn’t too bad but I’m hoping it will be hackable as I want all the wonderboy games on there and magical flying hat as that’s my most loved md game out of everything.

Comment

M2 involved with the software on this is excellent, but has it actually been confirmed that ATGames aren’t doing the hardware?

If they are, it’s still a hell no for me.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            but I’m hoping it will be hackable as I want all the wonderboy games on there and magical flying hat as that’s my most loved md game out of everything.
                            I hope it's hackable.

I remember buying it cheap at a computer fair in 1991 and not knowing anything about it.
                            The box art really grabbed me.

Turned out to be a great game that I've always enjoyed going back to. A hidden gem sort of game.

Comment

JPN one obviously has SFII, where the western ones do not. 6B controllers etc.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X