E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    I listened to Prince's 1999 in 1999. I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey in 2001. It's a shame I'm not going to get to play Cyberpunk 2077 in 2077, well unless some cyber implant can extend my life-force. I might invest in one of those Knightmare satchels.
    I read 1984 in 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I never would have got that one in a million years. Never would have put Forza together with Lego and didn't know this was a thing. Went through pretty much every Marvel and Star Wars related words I could think of.
      I thought you were mucking around. No it's the new LEGO Speed Champions DLC (2nd of 2 major DLC) for Forza Horizon 4.

Lots of Forza fans moaning about it but to me it just looks immense fun. I'm on mobile so can't post the gameplay video. As Asura notes they did Hot wheels DLC for the third game which I enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        I thought you were mucking around.
        To be fair, that sounds like something I would do but, no, not in this case. Just looked it up and it looks really good! They've put a lot of effort into it and the scenery looks superb.

Comment

I though the Microsoft showing was okay.

Cyberpunk looks amazing but isn't my thing even with the inclusion of Johnny Mnemo-Wick.

I, like many others, am amazed that they didn't make a bigger noise about Gears 5 seeing as it's the big 1st party AAA for year end.

A lot of the other stuff will be available on PS4 so that's all good.

Also, again, it's pronounced pre-mee-air not preee-meer.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
            I read 1984 in 1984.
            That's quantum baby.

Comment

Actually when i saw that Lego forza crossover i had wondered.....have Lego done a mario kart style game yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                Actually when i saw that Lego forza crossover i had wondered.....have Lego done a mario kart style game yet ?
                LEFO Racers waaaaay back in the day.

Comment

Hats off to Ubisoft for bringing us another year where we see a game brazenly advertise it will be releasing on Wii

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Hats off to Ubisoft for bringing us another year where we see a game brazenly advertise it will be releasing on Wii
                    lol, what game? Just Dance?

Comment

Yep
                      Gotta love the productivity of the series on that console. More so than the team making BG&E2, it's bordering on a disgrace how long that's taking now.

Comment

Unisoft extolling the virtues of games to bring friends and family together.

"Hey mother, come see me headshot a load of terrorists in this masculine grimdark vidyagame!"

Comment

LEGO Racers was mint!

Comment

Ubisoft seems to opened strongly with Watch Dogs Legion and then not much. Again mirroring the larger trend and as ever a CGI feast after WD3.

Initial thoughts:
                            Shame Rainbow Six Quarantine is Co-Op PVE only.
                            Gods and Monsters looks interesting though. Saw so little of it. Curious about this one.

Comment

SquareEnix had a good showing but I just can't get interested in the Final Fantasy 7 remake - the action based combat leaves me cold; removing the ATB materia system, the very essence of Final Fantasy 7 pretty much kills a day one purchase, so doing the same thing to Final Fantasy 8 also makes me sigh. The junctioning system again is the essence of the game, so changing that to an action based system destroys my enthusiasm for it.

Still, at least Octopath Traveller is available on PC now.

Ubisoft had a bit too much in the way of CGI trailers, but the new Watchdogs game looks like an interesting tweak in the gameplay. What I don't trust is that what was shown graphically is what we'll end up playing. Can you say downgrade at release?

And the PC Gaming Show, or rather the Epic Store promotional show, really didn't have very much to get excited about.

Comment

Already we're down to just one presentation being left to go and it would be Nintendo wouldn't it? The company I already felt needed to announce the most going into it. That 40 min runtime has me a little concerned that this is going to set up Switch's weakest year for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X