Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Anybody used the IOS version? Any lag issues?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
        Anybody used the IOS version? Any lag issues?
        I've just use this version. Apparently the iOS version is excellent. It's as good as the native windows streaming, of course you're using WiFi though given its using your phone or tablet.

Comment

Ahead of its E3 2019 media briefing, Microsoft has made Xbox Game Pass Ultimate available to all.You can sign up on the…

Ahead of its E3 2019 media briefing, Microsoft has made Xbox Game Pass Ultimate available to all.

You can sign up on the Microsoft Store now and get the first month for just £1. It's usually £10.99 a month.
          Also of note: Ultimate includes the Xbox Game Pass Console Games plan, and the Xbox Game Pass PC Games plan as well as Xbox Live Gold. This means you can use Ultimate to play games on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

And, as you'd expect, if you have an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership, and you don't fancy Ultimate, you don't have to upgrade.
          If a new customer paying separate for Gold and Xbox Game Pass is more expensive for the year. Although discounts and MS rewards on Xbox Game Pass and Gold make the existing two subscriptions cheaper. Could get confusing with 4 seperate tiers of subscriptions.

Comment

I upgraded to see what would happen with this

My Gold was expiring 31/03/2020
            My Game pass was expiring 18/11/2019

They've charged £1.00 and my next payment of £10.99 for ultimate is now due on 10/11/2020, so if I'm looking at this right (and I might not be) it looks like I've gained 6 months of gold and nearly a year of game pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              I upgraded to see what would happen with this

My Gold was expiring 31/03/2020
              My Game pass was expiring 18/11/2019

They've charged £1.00 and my next payment of £10.99 for ultimate is now due on 10/11/2020, so if I'm looking at this right (and I might not be) it looks like I've gained 6 months of gold and nearly a year of game pass.

Mine is still pending, but it’s a much better deal than paying for them separately IMO.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I don't get why it's now expiring Nov 2020 though, surely at best it should expire at the end of March 2020, that's got to be an error in MS's upgrade algorithm.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  I don't get why it's now expiring Nov 2020 though, surely at best it should expire at the end of March 2020, that's got to be an error in MS's upgrade algorithm.
                  They average it out to whatever is the shortest month subscription and add the longest year to it up to a 36-month discrepancy. I’ve a good mind to buy three years of Live to see what I get on top of my January 2020 Game Pass sub.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-06-2019, 15:35.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hmm, seems an odd way of doing it, but it seems to have worked out well for me, given I only paid £40 for 12 month's of game pass in the first place.

Comment

I don't really need PC GP as I've already got Live until May 2021 and Xbox Game Pass until Dec 2020 (through a combo of free MS Rewards and XBGP/Live sales on Amazon).

Would the £1 ultimate offer simply upgrade my existing subs to Ultimate until Dec 2020 or later?

Comment

Until December 2021.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

OK ta - can see this in the FAQ

Note: Purchase of the Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).
                          The people in the comments section of Eurogamer:

After upgrading to Ultimate, any Gold codes redeemed from that point on will be worth less. A single month of Gold will become 20 days of GPU, while 12 months Gold code will only redeem into 4 months of GPU.

In other words, you should be careful. It was fine for me, but if one is only interested in multiplayer, it might be better not to upgrade at all - or at least make sure they stack 36 months of Gold before joining.

Comment

This is great value, I just took advantage of it. There seem to be endless deals on Gold and Game Pass - since getting an Xbox in December last year, I've now paid £13 total and gotten 12 months of Gold and 9 months of Game Pass.

Insanely good value. I could've started stacking Gold etc to try and get even more out of it, but to be honest with you, I've no doubt there'll be another £1 deal to take advantage of in a few months.

Comment

Only possible negative I could see, is this T&C about not being able to drop back to 'not ultimate' tier or the implication on MS Rewards. However in MS Rewards atm you can get 12-months of Xbox Live for 29,000 pts (22500 when on offer) or 3-mths of Xbox Game Pass for 17,000 pts (13,500 when on offer).

So if you convert to Ultimate, then 12-mths of XBL via MS Rewards @ 29,000 pts will be worth 4-mths Game Pass Ultimate. So 29,000 x 3 = 87,000 pts versus 29,000 + 68,000 (17,000 x 4) = 97,000. This assumes the above statement about 12-months of XBL being worth 4-months of Game Pass Ultimate is correct.

But even that means converting is a no-brainer?

Comment

Once your GP Ultimate expires, I'm sure you can go back down to a 'normal' GP or Gold account. I mean at that point you're just on the **** muncher tier until you buy one of the subs anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X