No announcement yet.

E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's likely SquareEnix spitting it out for $$$ before rinsing their fanbase for the 'Complete Edition' on PS5

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I don't how this passed me by, but SE confirmed that FF7 Remake is only part 1 and is set only in Midgar
      Oh well, I'm out. I'll come back when they have the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        It's likely SquareEnix spitting it out for $$$ before rinsing their fanbase for the 'Complete Edition' on PS5

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Oh well, I'm out. I'll come back when they have the rest.
          Yeah, I kind of suspected something like this. I think most of us did. Who knows when this will actually be finished.

Comment

If the general consensus is positive and people say its got a good play length, by that I mean 25-50 hours, I'll get it. When they say full game length these days I suspect its like max 8 hours.

Comment

For me the issue is less about length and more about a sense of satisfaction. I have no problem with short games. In fact, I definitely prefer them these days. But getting what is essentially one episode and then having to wait a year or more for the rest of the story, by which point I've forgotten everything that happened and have lost all connection to the game, that likely won't work for me.

Comment

Nintendo's presentation felt quite strong, short and sharp but to the point.

Luigi Mansion - I want to play it
                The Witcher 3 looked great
                Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - loved the style, be interesting to see more of. Loads of Marvel Characters shown
                Pokemon
                Animal Crossing
                Panzer Dragoon in there
                Real measure of success in perhaps in all the multiplat game shown DQ Builders 2, Alien Isolation, Minecraft Dungeons, Dauntless, Wolfenstein Youngblood etc.
                And then confirmation of the Breath of the Wild Sequel

There was other games but those certainly stuck with me.
                Last edited by Digfox; 11-06-2019, 16:52.

Comment

I didn't even notice Alien Isolation. That must have been just in the footage montage? For me, Animal Crossing was an obvious highlight but that was dashed by the delay, even though it was no great surprise. But Panzer Dragoon looks gorgeous. A total remake. I'm all on for that one.

I've heard really good things about the Witcher but I don't know a huge amount about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I didn't even notice Alien Isolation. That must have been just in the footage montage?
                    Yep, in that montage towards the end with Wolfenstein Youngblood, Dauntless etc. It was very quickfire and therefore all those games were blink and you miss them.

Comment

Wow. That's actually a really good line up from Nintendo.

Comment

Solid line up from Ninty that’ll do me

Comment

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will look sexy on the handheld mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                            Yeah, Nintendo definitely had a few hitters there, plenty of stuff I'm interested in - not sure about Witcher III, but if playing it on Switch is your only option it'll probably be worth a go, despite the downgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                              I found it very dry.

Lots of games using Unreal engine that don't look "solid" and ports of games from the PS3 /360 era.

Luigi 3, Astral Chain look good. Everything else...meh.

Comment

Panzer Dragoon remake looked more like Day of the Triffids than Panzer Dragoon. The lovely Italian Gothic-like architecture in Panzer, replaced with Unreal awfulness, even the Saturn's baked in reflections of Saturn original, all gone

Comment

Working...
                                X