Play expo 8/9 June,glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play expo 8/9 June,glasgow

Thinking of going, any other forum members going? There was one last year an I missed it, wondering if any e went and was it any good?

I took the bairns through to the SECC for last years expo. It had one hall aimed at over 18s with Call of Doodie, the Army and custom PC sales amongst other stuff. The other hall had a big area of consoles and PCs for playing Fortnite with an apparently famous YouTuber providing commentary on more kids playing Fortnite on a big screen. There was also a small area with Minecraft on 360s, a retro console area with poorly setup systems albeit some good games and a load of merch stalls. There was a Dominoes pizza stall and some giant mascots milling about too.

I thought it was a bit of a waste of time personally. The kids enjoyed it but to be honest we could have stayed at home where they could have played Fortnite and I’d have ordered in the pizzas. IIRC it was £14 each for entry. At least the kids go free thing was still running on ScotRail at the time.

I see from the email this year has even more famous YouTubers I’ve never heard of. If the kids really want to go I’ll probably take them through.

Comment

I think Play Expo is the one at Brae Head isn't it? I went to both last year, thought the SECC one (Resonate I think?) was a total waste of time and money for me, but I'm probably not the target audience. Play Expo was much better, mainly cos they had 50 or so pinball tables on freeplay, as well as lots of retro consoles set up and other arcade cabs. There's a decent market as well, at least one guy selling imports...

Comment

You’re right Lurch. I’ve got them mixed up it was Resonate we went to. The Play Expo clashed with Download so we couldn’t make it to that.

Comment

Working...
        X