MegaSD - FPGA MegaCD Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MegaSD - FPGA MegaCD Cart

Terraonion today announced the all new MegaSD cartridge for Sega Mega Drive and Genesis consoles. The MegaSD is an all-in-one FPGA cartridge that duplicates the Sega CD/Mega-CD hardware and allows owners to play these games back from a microSD card. The MegaSD alsois a general purpose rom flashcart allowing the playing of Mega Drive and Genesis cartridge games.Features and benefits of the MegaSD include:

• World’s First Mega-CD/Sega CD FPGA Optical Disc Emulator
    • Plays both ISOS (bin+cue) and ROMS
    • Compatible with all original and region free patched Mega-CD/Sega CD bios
    • Supports Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega CD/Mega-CD, Master System and 32X games (requires 32X add-on)
    • Fully Supports original Mega Drive and Genesis hardware (Nomad included)
    • Fully compatible with Analogue Mega Sg!
    • Easy to use interface for navigating your collection with screenshots, genre, year and description
    • Save State support for Mega Drive and Genesis Cartridge games (8 slots)
    • Built in cheat engine for Mega Drive and Genesis cartridge games
    • Emulates all different Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System/32x cartridge mappers.
    • Stores all different Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System/32x cartridge saves onto microSD card.
    • Per game Mega-CD/Sega CD Backup RAM and Cartridge RAM stored into microSD card
    • Master System FM Core
    • In-Game menu for fast reboot and swapping games(Genesis/Mega Drive and Mega-CD/Sega CD)
    • Enhanced Mega Drive games with CD audio and Mega-CD/Sega CD hardware (MSU1 like)
    • 400GB Exfat microSD supported

MegaSD will be available starting today, at 250 Euros with shipping starting early August. For more information on MegaSD, visit www.terraonion.com.
    I've never heard of these guys but that sounds pretty awesome. Kind of pricey but potentially a nice addition to an Analogue Mega Sg.

-edit-
    Oh, its the guys behing the Super SD System 3.
    Last edited by Cepp; 17-06-2019, 19:50.

Want! Some Mega-CD games are so expensive now and no moving parts to break. I need to watch the Terraonion direct and see this in action.

Comment

Nice, but it needed to have 32x as well as both have relatively limited libraries, combined though makes it a bit better, especially at the £200 mark.

Comment

That’s certainly a very impressive bit of kit, and totally unexpected.

I’m wondering how many CD games I’d actually play though to justify the extra cost over an Everdrive...

Comment

Bloody hell where did that come from!!!!?????

Great spec and something I would be interested in but it’s pricey.

Must resist........

Comment

Awesome , if it works I'm in

Comment

I must admit, part of me is screaming, "BUYBUYBUY!" It looks pretty slick and having 32x compatability is a welcome addition. Since it states that it emulates all mappers, I'm assuming that includes Virtua Racing as well.

Comment

Virtua Racing would require emulation of the SVP chip. And even though it supports 32X ROMs, you’ll still need the silly mushroom hardware itself.

Decided to order one as I’ve been impressed with Terraonion’s other products. Bari-Arm, Keio, Lords of Thunder and Dennin Aleste are all quality shooters. And I’ve always wanted to give Snatcher a try.
                Last edited by _SD_; 18-06-2019, 02:32.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  Nice, but it needed to have 32x as well as both have relatively limited libraries, combined though makes it a bit better, especially at the £200 mark.
                  Recreating the 32x in an FPGA on top of all the Mega-CD hardware would be too much for the capacity of the chip. Terraonion have plans for an adapter to attach the MegaSD to the console expansion slot so 32x fans could use them together.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification guys, I figured it was going to handle 32x via FPGA as well.

Comment

Saw this last night. Since I'm stuck with the S-Video on the Wondermega I just had to get one of these for my Mega SG. Order went in early. Hope one comes from the first batch.

Comment

Ordered. Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Ordered. Can't wait
                          Let's just hope it doesn't suffer from the same ****storm their PC Engine adapter had.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Let's just hope it doesn't suffer from the same ****storm their PC Engine adapter had.
                            Hopefully, their early production issues are now over

Comment

This looks very nice what a cool one stop shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X