Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica is such a bloody slog.

Just finished episode 8 of the final series (4), but there's another fifteen episodes left!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Battlestar Galactica is such a bloody slog.

Just finished episode 8 of the final series (4), but there's another fifteen episodes left!
      The end few episodes of season 1 and first few eps of season 2 are some of the best TV I have watched. I did still enjoy it after that but Lost happened and its direct influence could be felt all over Battlestar in a very negative way.

Comment

Great week of telly for me, new series of FOUR IN A BED, got the CELEBRITY MASTERCHEF final on Friday plus it was the second episode of THE APPRENTICE tonight and it's a bloody great mix of active, memorable characters this time, lots of friction so far. Good stuff!

Also been taping this old 60s B&W Twilight Zone-style thang called 'One Step Beyond' off Retro Movies. Picture quality is terrible. Needs vsync on lol, fugn frame skipping flailing the image about but the sound is beautifully clear!

Oh god...a new guilty pleasure. It was pathetic. Well-acted. It was about these guys on a boat in about 1890. Basically, their ship is sent off course mysteriously then they find this stowaway, shackle him below deck, then they hear voices shouting "help us" and they find a small boat floating with four live guys in it and one dead one.

Turns out dead one is the stowaway they shackled below deck earlier. They rush below deck to find he has *totally vanished*.

(FADE OUT TO IMITATION ROD SERLING GEEZER)

Yeah. Yeeeeeah. THAT was the story. That's it. Yeah. Not *quite* as dynamic as TTZ. Wow. Talk about expecting a Big Mac and getting a single cheese.

But...it has an arcane, naive charm. And a great clarity of sound. Gonna watch more, not quite sure what the hell I'm gonna get...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          CELEBRITY MASTERCHEF
          CELEBRITY MASTERCHIEF was on last night.
          I don't normally watch it, but I thought if I commit to something I wanted to watch, I'd never get up after my tea and tidy up like I promised my wife.

The thing that confused me was that as a reward for surviving cooking in a high-pressure environment is cooking in a high-pressure environment with a Michelin chef.
          Like your reward for finishing a marathon is running another marathon, but with Mo Farrah shouting how badly you're doing all the way round.

Anyone catch Zomboat! earlier this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            The end few episodes of season 1 and first few eps of season 2 are some of the best TV I have watched. I did still enjoy it after that but Lost happened and its direct influence could be felt all over Battlestar in a very negative way.
            Yeah agree. When it was good it was really good. Not many TV shows stick with me but this does.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Also been taping this old 60s B&W Twilight Zone-style thang called 'One Step Beyond' off Retro Movies. Picture quality is terrible. Needs vsync on lol, fugn frame skipping flailing the image about but the sound is beautifully clear!

Oh god...a new guilty pleasure. It was pathetic. Well-acted. It was about these guys on a boat in about 1890. Basically, their ship is sent off course mysteriously then they find this stowaway, shackle him below deck, then they hear voices shouting "help us" and they find a small boat floating with four live guys in it and one dead one.

Turns out dead one is the stowaway they shackled below deck earlier. They rush below deck to find he has *totally vanished*.

(FADE OUT TO IMITATION ROD SERLING GEEZER)

Yeah. Yeeeeeah. THAT was the story. That's it. Yeah. Not *quite* as dynamic as TTZ. Wow. Talk about expecting a Big Mac and getting a single cheese.

But...it has an arcane, naive charm. And a great clarity of sound. Gonna watch more, not quite sure what the hell I'm gonna get...
              This sounds interesting. It looks like a pretty close knock-off of Twilight Zone, but looking at Wikipedia, it apparently debuted nine months earlier. I'm going to check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                It looks like a pretty close knock-off of Twilight Zone, but looking at Wikipedia, it apparently debuted nine months earlier.
                Queue Twilight Zone music

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Queue Twilight Zone music
                  Hahahaha!

Comment

Meanwhile on The Magicians:
                    dragons, leprechauns, gods, Santa Claus, witches, evil, good, fairies. Basically it's what Game Of Thrones would have been if it didn't take itself so seriously.

So.... Margot licks this psychoactive lizard by accident.....

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Sounds awful
                      Some nicer people in subsequent episodes of Fastest Car, including a guy who owns 100+ Minis and races with a "Super Cooper".

He said he just needs to add Speccy decals.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        This sounds interesting. It looks like a pretty close knock-off of Twilight Zone, but looking at Wikipedia, it apparently debuted nine months earlier. I'm going to check it out!
                        Yeah, DO! I was prepared for that eventuality btw,
                        I reckon all it took was a some sly, cheeky demon to nick the concept and add some chilli to it...cos the ep I saw was basically a charisma void.

I'm prepared to believe Rod Serling ripped the format and merely added charisma, better/more complex storylines and badass music. And thank god he did!!!!

On a more boring sidenote, ended up watching the gameshow HARDBALL, the penultimate ep of this week's FOUR IN A BED and a bit of RIPOFF BRITAIN. Gloria Hunniford's 'statement neckwear' lol. Can't believe the sh_it she puts on her neck, one of her pendants is bigger than a lump of steak.

Then YouTube. Pretty much all I watch. I've never watched any of The Nostalgia Critic's stuff (can't stand his face) but a random vid come up in my YT recommends slagging off a recent vid of his where he's apparently remade Pink Floyd's "The Wall" movie in a review...then released his own version of *the entire album* and made it available for purchase.

It all looks very cringey. I'm not even a Floyd fan, nor have any interest in the bloke but it was a fascinating random viewing.

It looks proper WTF?! I will post a link in a sec.
                        Last edited by JazzFunk; 11-10-2019, 06:10.

Comment

Comment

I finished off Fastest Car, just skipping a lot of the talk to *ahem* cut to the chase.
                            However, it's that investment in the racers that makes the finale of each episode so tense, because you really don't know how who will win.

Last episode had some right drama!

The other thing I learned was there's a lot of rich people who don't know how to drive their supercars or make use of launch modes.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              The other thing I learned was there's a lot of rich people who don't know how to drive their supercars or make use of launch modes.
                              5 minutes on youtube would of told you that!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                5 minutes on youtube would have told you that!
                                5 minutes on YouTube would have shown me the Iron Rain trailer, examples of Chekov's Gun, the opening to The Stand, The Smashing Pumpkins Live and POV of the Jurassic Park ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X