This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junko View Post
    But with no rumble how are you supposed to find the hidden moons that use the rumble feature in MARIO ?
    The CNET hands-on said there is haptic feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
      The CNET hands-on said there is haptic feedback.
      Then it must be just specifically the HD rumble that isn't here and maybe it's just replaced with some very basic rumble. Being honest, I don't even know what the difference is but Nintendo themselves have it on their site that this has no HD rumble.

Edit: finding it hard to get definitive info on this. A lot of sites are reporting that rumble has been dumped altogether and there doesn't seem to be clarity on Nintendo's site.
      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 11-07-2019, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Then it must be just specifically the HD rumble that isn't here and maybe it's just replaced with some very basic rumble. Being honest, I don't even know what the difference is but Nintendo themselves have it on their site that this has no HD rumble.
        The HD Rumble's pretty cool, too, but I've only seen it used in one game - 1 2 Switch!. Which is a problem, as that game should've been free.

There's a minigame where you have to guess "how many marbles are rolling around inside the controller" and it's unnervingly good.

Comment

I’ve only seen it used in one game...

We see that phrase time and time again it feels with Nintendo gimmicks!! Dunno if it’s as much as I’m remembering though so fee free to tell me I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            The HD Rumble's pretty cool, too, but I've only seen it used in one game - 1 2 Switch!. Which is a problem, as that game should've been free.

There's a minigame where you have to guess "how many marbles are rolling around inside the controller" and it's unnervingly good.
            Are people mixing HD Rumble and rumble interchangeablely? Play Lumines in handheld mode and those JoyCons go crazy.

Comment

True, I wouldn't expect them to say anything else; not for the reason you suggest, though, but for the reason that historically their mid-cycle upgrades seldom represent a massive improvement, and certainly not in terms of processing power.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                True, I wouldn't expect them to say anything else; not for the reason you suggest, though, but for the reason that historically their mid-cycle upgrades seldom represent a massive improvement, and certainly not in terms of processing power.
                That have never needed to, they have ruled the handheld market. This time things are different this is handheld and home console. They will need to update the Switch at some point next year not to feel so outdated by the next gen consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

It's used across nearly all of their games. ARMS makes good use of it, but if it's gone then it's hardly a deal-breaker. But then of course it's going to be gone if the controllers are non-detachable.

The last time I saw/heard of rumble put to any good use at all was in 1998 with Ocarina of Time's Stone of Agony. I'm betting Luigi's Mansion 3 will make some quirky use of it, but again, it's hardly going to render the game unplayable if it doesn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I’ve only seen it used in one game...

We see that phrase time and time again it feels with Nintendo gimmicks!! Dunno if it’s as much as I’m remembering though so fee free to tell me I’m wrong.
                    SixAxis. Kinect. DS4/gyro touch pad (if you have no VR, which is the grand majority of users). The fancy features on the Vita (Tearaway being the only game to make full use of them). Actually I'm guessing the reason why DS4 controllers are so expensive is down to the gyro and that touch pad. The same as the Switch Pro Controller - the difference being those expensive features are utilised slightly more.

All companies could make cheaper versions of their controllers, but they don't because it doesn't make as much money.

Remember those pressure-sensitive buttons on the Dual Shock 2? No? Well, we ended up paying around an additional 20% for them anyway.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 11-07-2019, 17:25.

Comment

All those things you mentioned are just extra features on those consoles though. Switch whole concept is made up a bunch of little things like that and now they bring out a version with 2 of them missing. Nintendo don’t commit to anything for very long imo. Here’s VR!!! Crap cardboard VR but VR. And hot on its heels a console that can’t make use of it! They still sell like crazy though so I guess they know what they’re doing.

Comment

Hardly a v2, more like a side-option for people that don't need/care for those features and prefer a smaller form.

The last time they did a survey (portable/docked/both) to results were split evenly across the three.

Comment

I never use mine on the telly tbh

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                            That have never needed to, they have ruled the handheld market. This time things are different this is handheld and home console. They will need to update the Switch at some point next year not to feel so outdated by the next gen consoles.
                            That's a fair point based on a crucial difference. But even so Nintendo are ruling the handheld scene and also the home console scene right now. And I've never know them to feel embarrassed about being technologically outdated, either. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              That's a fair point based on a crucial difference. But even so Nintendo are ruling the handheld scene and also the home console scene right now. And I've never know them to feel embarrassed about being technologically outdated, either. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.
                              Last place in the home consoles so not really ruling that. Big success vs wiiu of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                                Really? I have 4 WiiU pro controllers and love them. Which adapter do you use?
                                I use the 8bitdo adapter: http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

Comment

Working...
                                X