0 0%

2 22.22%

0 0%
  • 10 - Destiny Calling

3 33.33%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Just wondering. Is this still a perfect 10 for you, @J0e Musashi, @smouty, @Team Andromeda?
    Yeah for pure shooting, this game is perfect

Cool. Wasn't trolling. Just curious because the general mood of the thread has gone from excitement to disappointment.

I think a lot of us have burnt ourselves out on this, i still want to turn it on every night jump in a chat and shoot some stuff and that says a lot in my book, recent games like Fortnight got to about the 40 hour mark before they fell off my playing radar. It's only been out a few weeks and i've already racked up 115 hours on this and i doubt i will shelve it anytime soon, it has that mix of sociability and game play that i really like.

Cool. Wasn't trolling. Just curious because the general mood of the thread has gone from excitement to disappointment.

The whole internet has gone from excitement to disappointment on D2. Bungie has pulled a huge rick roll on everyone by flashing a nice story at everyone in the previews (which was good, while it lasts) but hiding all the nutty gritty of the end game until everyone buys it.

Everyone expected a content continuation of D1 rise of iron, ie building on top of what was already released, what everyone actually got was destiny vanilla all over again with its own whole set of issues. I suspect D2 was simply made so that they can re-sell everyone content they already had in D1, rather than being a technical issue as they originally stated for the complete dumping of D1.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-10-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    I think a lot of us have burnt ourselves out on this, i still want to turn it on every night jump in a chat and shoot some stuff and that says a lot in my book, recent games like Fortnight got to about the 40 hour mark before they fell off my playing radar. It's only been out a few weeks and i've already racked up 115 hours on this and i doubt i will shelve it anytime soon, it has that mix of sociability and game play that i really like.

How have you found out your total time in D2?

edit. never mind, just found out how to view it on destiny tracker. WTF anyone should be using that to view stats instead of the app, which had it all removed, ill never know.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-10-2017 at 05:46 PM.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    what everyone actually got was destiny vanilla all over again with its own whole set of issues.
    This man speaks the truth. There simply isn’t enough content if you were a seasoned D1 player. I wasn’t wrong to shelve it until the first DLC drops IMO. It’s just boring now. I still haven’t even ranked up the shotgun quest, but I can’t be bothered as it’s so mundane doing the same stuff over and over.

The weekly downtime time is a major annoyance for me also.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 12-10-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Just wondering. Is this still a perfect 10 for you, @J0e Musashi, @smouty, @Team Andromeda?
    It is. Even with its faults which could easily resolved, it is still better than anything else.

I'm still loving this. Great fun in co-op. Iron banner has been fun. Got some fabulous gauntlets from Lord Saladin with wolf heads on the shoulders. If anyone wants to join a clan with no commitments search for GROC. We die at a moment's notice. Xbox One btw.

Really ? I still enjoy it, but its just a case of there's so many good games out there on the PS4 and One at the mo, its hard to keep up. So at the mo trying to finish a lot of the older games, becasue I want to enjoy the likes of Destiny II on the One X in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Yeah for pure shooting, this game is perfect
    Unless, by pure shooting, you are only talking about pressing a button/waggling a stick to aim, and pressing another to shoot, in which case there is little to no difference, shooting, gunplay, gameplay, whatever you choose to call it, is better in D1, hands down.

Off the top of my head....

More gun variety (perks), more loadout variety (not 2x primaries), better character movement, better abilities, better skill choices.

Even in the most hectic PvE moments D2 has to offer so far, heroic Nightfalls, your toon has less oomph than in D1, and it was that oomph, space magic, whatever, that set D1 apart.

(I'm sure I don't need to carry on with a PvP section.)

Yeah D2 gunplay is good, but how can something far weaker than its predecessor be perfect?