No announcement yet.

Judge Eyes aka Judgment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve not played 0, but having played 1 through 5 I’d recommend Kiwami. It’s a remake of the very first game.

Comment

Yakuza 0 was the first one I played. Amazing game.

Comment

I'd recommend decent gaps between entries as well. They're charming and fun but being realistic all too often an exercise in repackaging the same experience and it can be a big drain doing entries soon after one another.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I’ve not played 0, but having played 1 through 5 I’d recommend Kiwami. It’s a remake of the very first game.
          Looks like via PS+ I have Yakuza 4 on PS3 and Kiwami on PS4, so I may try the latter.

Comment

If you’re choosing between those two, definitely Kiwami.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Looks like via PS+ I have Yakuza 4 on PS3 and Kiwami on PS4, so I may try the latter.
              Actually cannot believe he's still here and not playing Yakuza 0. Jeez Lewis. Yes, I said Lewis.

Comment

Might need some advice, I actually own all the ps2, ps3 and PS4 yakuza games, but have only completed yakuza 1, I got about 60% through yakuza 2 before starting the edo era spin off and then yakuza 3 on the ps3, but stopped playing them, even though I continued purchasing the games...

Is Kiwami 2 (yakuza 2 remake) worth playing through, just to see the ending?

Or should I just play yakuza 0 and be done with it all...

Comment

Yakuza 2 has the best story of the ones I’ve played, so I’d say yes.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Nooooo Yakuza 0 is the perfect jumping on point.

Not only does it require no prior knowledge of any characters or games, but it’s the most fully fleshed out and fun of them all- and the side quests are some of the best and most funny. Knowing QC, and his humour- he will ADORE it.

Don’t play Kiwami before 0. The story has far more impact if you do, please trust me on this one- especially as Kiwami adds scenes liking back to 0, and makes it all the better.

0 can be had for as little as £10 now, and please believe me QC, you’ll love it..!!!

Comment

I have no intention of playing through all seven games, but I'm really tempted to get 0. Is it self-contained enough? Will I get some sort of closure?

I played a couple of hours of it before I sold my PS4 & games, so I kind of know what it leads into having played Yakuza 1 back in the day. Recently got a Pro again so I'm strongly considering getting 0 again as well. What holds me back is that there's 6 games after it which I know I'll never play
                      Last edited by Nico87; 04-07-2019, 19:52.

Comment

I'd say you can safely play Y0 without worrying about the rest of the series. I felt like it was only the PS3 era ones were they were never netirely sure if the end was coming that played on the fans more in that way.

Comment

0 is completely self contained.

It helps that IMP it’s the series finest hour too.

Comment

Publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio will release Judgment for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Stadia on April 23 for $39.99 / 1,980 yen, the companies announced.

A PS5, XSX and Stadia version of Judgment is releasing on 23 April 2021 giving the game another opportunity at getting the recognition it deserves toward the top of the Yakuza pile. The new version will have 60fps, faster loading and all the DLC.

No cross-play with the PS4 version is supported and no PC version is coming till Stadia exclusivity is complete.

Comment

Man, could they not just give us PS4 game owners a free upgrade?

Comment

The thing that's getting me is that even if you pay for the game again on PS5, you can't transfer your saves over. After years of Sony exclusivity it seems they're now getting quite the cold shoulder.

Did anyone grab any of this DLC that's to be included? Is there actually anything worthwhile / substantial?

Comment

Working...
                                X