No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to love Forza, recently got 7 with my xbox one x, and it's just endless unskipabble voice overs and crap with a bit of racing in between. It's so slow and patronising. Hardly touched it.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
      I have moved to 100% PC gaming so it will depend exclusives for me, disapointed though that they didnt move the thumb sticks on the pad.

PS Pad is easily the worst around right now.
      Which pad is your favourite?

Is it the symmetry that you don't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        I do wonder what direction MS will pursue in setting up new IP. Sony has a lot of success but it's come from its studios having years upon years of building towards the point they're at, MS's studios and newly acquired ones will have to determine market trends and have enough level of polish to chance success. I think it's one of the reasons Fable makes the rumour rounds so often as it's one of the few dormant franchises MS has that could easily be reinvented as a AAA major franchise. Gears of War is what it is at this point and, like Forza Motorsport and Halo, is past its prime so will just tick along. Crackdown is dead. The original was the king, the second the nails in the coffin and Crackdown 3 was them burying it 5 miles underground at the bottom of the sea, no chance they'll revisit that franchise now.
        MS are pretty much done and dusted in the console space as far as growth is concerned. Sony have gone the Nintendo route of building long term studios, with good variety, making established franchises to a good standard.

MS think making an announcement about buying a studio = success, without the long term good quality support and a decent output of franchises, then adding in variety on top. Sometimes a studio doesn't make money on a game, but still makes a decent game that you can build a successful franchise off, MS just get rid of the studio right away, they don't really get it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Which pad is your favourite?

Is it the symmetry that you don't like?
          Yeah, I am a big fan of the Xbox elite pad but I have no problems with any pad with that layout e.g switch.

I just can't handle having the sticks in the middle when playing for any length of time.

Comment

I really like the DualShock 4. Ergonomically better than the Xbox One pad for me. Where even to this day I don't like the more 'triangular' design. It took a small step back from the Xbox 360 controller ergonomics imo. Although both controllers are great.

Comment

I have to say, I dig the Xbox One pad more than the PS4 one. The triggers and sticks feel way nicer.

However - it annoys the hell out of me how bright the lights are on both of these goddamn controllers. I have to put blu-tack over that glowing X when I'm playing something spooky in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                MS are pretty much done and dusted in the console space as far as growth is concerned. Sony have gone the Nintendo route of building long term studios, with good variety, making established franchises to a good standard.

MS think making an announcement about buying a studio = success, without the long term good quality support and a decent output of franchises,
                Other than Retro I can't think of any Studio Nintendo built up that it didn't already have . Given NCL lack out of output of late I would say NCL need to buy some studios .

How many RARE games have done well for MS and yet MS shown faith and actually now expanding the Studio. I think you'll see a very different MS next gen IMO

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  I used to love Forza, recently got 7 with my xbox one x, and it's just endless unskipabble voice overs and crap with a bit of racing in between. It's so slow and patronising. Hardly touched it.
                  I still think it's great , but Project Cars 2 seemed more to get what makes a racing SIM. I find Codemasters 2019 to be the best racing sim this geb
                  Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-10-2019, 10:38.

Comment

Some possible details for the PSVR2. Take it with a heap of salt.

Comment

I’ll be happy for wireless psvr, couldn’t give a toss about haptic feedback and triggers

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                        Definitely buying a PS5 it just comes down to when...As much as I love the excitement of a launch there is a lot to be said for waiting too.
                        For me, the 'when' will be the PS5 Slim launch date.

I never buy the first generation of any hardware these days. Too much of a risk.

Comment

Sounds like Sony are doing a deadly Sega move by letting their US arm take over things. Sony Playstation Europe is being wound down.

Comment

My opinion is pretty much the same as it has been for every generation for the last 15 years or so - slightly irritated that the current model is ending for a marginal graphics boost that I'll barely notice as I don't play that many big money games which take advantage of it. I imagine I'll continue my usual routine of not paying much attention and then buying one about 2 years before they announce the PS6.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Sounds like Sony are doing a deadly Sega move by letting their US arm take over things. Sony Playstation Europe is being wound down.
                              Yes, but SONY America aren't full of muppets like SOA was.

Comment

You sure?

Comment

Working...
                                X