Desert Island Discs (And Other Stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desert Island Discs (And Other Stuff)

We're all familiar with BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Disc programme and how bloody good it is. Well I'm adding books, movies and video games to the mix. All hail my originality! Don't trouble your mind about the literal likelihood of having a TV or electricity on a desert island (there's always one, isn't there! ). It's a hypothetical question.

You might think it's just a simple process of choosing your three favourites from each media form, but bear in mind this is the only media you'll have. Your favourite album right now might be something brilliant but equally depressing - something like Radiohead's OK Computer, but would you really want to hear it over and over for the rest of your life? Maybe you would. I dunno. Or maybe you'd want something a little more uplifting. Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver is one of my favourite movies of all time but I imagine watching it over and over again would prove quite detrimental to one's perspective and peace of mind. It's too dark a movie. But you get the idea.

My three albums:

Astral Weeks by Van Morrison
    Goat Head Soup by The Rolling Stones
    Islands by Ludovico Einaudi

My three books:

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
    The Dhammapada by The Buddha
    Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

My three movies:

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring directed by Kim Ki-duk
    House of Flying Daggers directed by Zhang Yimou
    Samsara directed by Pan Nalin

My three video games:

Bayonetta
    Tetris
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (I struggled choosing this)

Incase it isn't entirely obvious (which it bloody is!) I'm interested in what you lot would choose. So come on.
    Last edited by Zen Monkey; 24-04-2019, 11:53.

Not one reply? And I was so sure this would be a good thread. Ahh... what do I know... that's right. Nowt!

Comment

Right now I’d probably say:

Bring me the Horizon - Amo
      Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
      Grimes - Art Angels

Ghost World
      Léon
      American Psycho

Pokémon Yellow
      Street Fighter III: Third Strike
      Gran Turismo

Comment