[PS4] Project Sakura Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS4] Project Sakura Wars

It was a rumor for quite some time, but Sega officially unvelied Project Sakura Wars (Shin Sakura Wars in Japan) along worldwide release dates, winter 2019 for Japan and (more aptly) spring 2020 for the rest of the world.
    There's a trailer, and it looks like very similar to the first Sakura Wars on the Saturn, at least for its opening moments; it's strange to see such a different character design and personalities for all of the girls, but I have my hopes up for this one, it doesn't look as cheap as the Langrisser I and II remakes do.

Was thinking those characters designs looked familiar... good ole Kubo.

Comment

Looks lovely, can't wait.

Comment

When that title music fanfare kicks off!

Comment

I regret selling my PS4 right now.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          When that title music fanfare kicks off!
          Oh yeah, it hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            Was thinking those characters designs looked familiar... good ole Kubo.
            I watched the trailer and a few seconds in I paused it to check if it was him. Continued the trailer and two seconds later his name flashes up as the character designer (Lol). I know series fans will probably be disappointed that Kosuke Fujishima isn't doing them this time around but I'm genuinely interested in this due to liking Bleach and Kubo's style. No doubt we'll hear more about the game in the coming months.

@ Cepp, you can buy a PS4 Pro now and justify it.
            Last edited by Paddy; 01-04-2019, 14:39.

Comment

I'll pray for a PC port haha but it may happen the game stays exclusive.

Comment

More details have been made public, including that the game will no longer be a turn-based strategy affair but an action title.

Comment

Looking really good .Some nice tech from the Sonic Team too ,can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    More details have been made public, including that the game will no longer be a turn-based strategy affair but an action title.
                    That's a shame. Might still be good, but as a westerner who never really got the chance to play the originals, I was hoping to get something more like those.

Have any of the original strategy games seen a western release?

Comment

Just sakura wars v on ps2 and wii.

The first game is being fan translated I believe but it's taking a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Just sakura wars v on ps2 and wii.
                        .... aaaaaand the PS2 version never came out here, only the Wii version. Why do I even bother checking

Thanks for letting me know though; I'll keep an eye out for an NTSC-U copy I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X