No announcement yet.

Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can check out the full Google Stadia games list, which included the free games included as part of the Stadia Pro membership.

The list of games releasing post-launch that will arrive pre-2020 has also been released though no dates are attached:

-Borderlands 3
    -Attack on Titan 2
    -Darksiders Genesis
    -Dragonball Xenoverse 2
    -Farming Simulator 19
    -Final Fantasy XV
    -Football Manager 2020
    -GRID
    -Metro Exodus
    -NBA 2K20
    -Rage 2
    -Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
    -Trials Rising
    -Wolfenstein: Young Blood

That's the full line up till next year. Given the Premium free game in the first month is the embarrassingly already F2P Destiny 2, in the second month what are we thinking? Darksiders Genesis?

Comment

Farming Simulator. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 50% of Youtube videos about Stadia will be only about content creators playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Given the Premium free game in the first month is the embarrassingly already F2P Destiny 2
        Worth flagging that Destiny 2: The Collection which is included with Stadia Pro includes all the previous DLCs and annual pass for Shadowkeep. Currently Shadowkeep Deluxe (inc. annual pass) and Forsaken cost £70 on PSN, Live or Steam. This isn't just the f2p release.

Comment

That makes more sense, so for basically a tenner you could just sub for 2-3 months and cane it to make quite a good saving which is actually decent. Unless buying the founders edition though, then it's a horrid deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            That makes more sense, so for basically a tenner you could just sub for 2-3 months and cane it to make quite a good saving which is actually decent. Unless buying the founders edition though, then it's a horrid deal.
            The founders pack is a good deal if you want the hardware, because the Chromecast Ultra is £69 alone. Although the founders pack is just a way to test or phase the service in. The real launch is next year.

Comment

Loks like plenty of gaming for a few months. Very surprised by the addition of RDR2.

Comment

Given the nature of the PC port RDR2 will be a fascinating insight into where Stadia tech sits.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                  Worth flagging that Destiny 2: The Collection which is included with Stadia Pro includes all the previous DLCs and annual pass for Shadowkeep. Currently Shadowkeep Deluxe (inc. annual pass) and Forsaken cost £70 on PSN, Live or Steam. This isn't just the f2p release.
                  Well said. I've ordered the founders pack and more interested if the tech actually works and holds up. Been very impressed with project xcloud so far and that's based on XBox One S tech.Hopfully this will be on another level.

Comment

Jim Sterling pretty much sums this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Jim Sterling pretty much sums this up.
                      https://youtu.be/Oi_yvDevaro
                      “Google Stadia?”

“Google already played most of ya”

Comment

RDR2 working on stadia? Im going to call that a straight up lie.

Comment

There was an incident recently on markipliers youtube channel where he got viewers to vote by using emojis in the live chat. Google took them as spam and banned peoples google accounts so they lost access to everything that account was tied to and seeing as a lot of stuff tries to link you to google that screwed a load of people it's only because he has millions of followers did google sort out this mess because the average person would never get responded to by a human you would be in an endless loop of robot auto replies fobbing them off so that would be no youtube & no gmail meaning you could lose access to a lot of stuff if you used that.

Yeah now tell me a console is a good idea where google can just ban your account on a whim and you lose everything is a good idea. Hope this fails hard.

Comment

The nutshell of the review seems to be - It's the future... but not today. Better than current gen console just about but behind the gaming PC it attempts to beat.

Comment

And no killer apps. Every console needs a killer exclusive to kickstart it. Maybe in 6 months it will be different, but right now... no thanks.

Comment

I do kind of hate Stadia from the outset, mostly because I feel like this is Google aiming to muscle into an area that they have no vested interest in whatsoever, largely with the intention of making more engaging advertising.

So it's fun to see the initial reviews roll in and slam it, plus laugh at its terrible launch line up and awful pricing (£130+£10 per month+£50 per game, uh, OK).

But, at the same time...I do still think this technology represents the future of gaming in many ways. Once this or another service are an app that are built into every TV, downloadable onto every phone, tablet, or computer, I do think that it will be very competitive with traditional consoles and PCs. Being able to buy and start playing the latest game with no hardware needed other than a pad will be a pretty compelling proposition.

Right now, no, it's not a good deal, and it doesn't seem at all like a good product. But I do think the future for many players lies in this direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X