Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep watching Spaced.

Comment

Just came in to say we finished The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.

Absolutely staggering. Incredibly entertaining. Visually gorgeous. I just can't believe it looks as good as it does. It really is a wonder.

Comment

HUP! SPOON! PALADIN!

Comment

Ricky Gervais' After Life.

Two episodes in.

Beautiful, poignant, emotional and hilarious.

Also, finished Fleabag on Amazon Video.

Beautiful, poignant, emotional and hilarious.

British comedy really is the best.

Comment

Undone starts next week on amazon, looks amazeballs.

Comment

Following the poster and photos, Amazon Prime Video has released the official trailer for the upcoming eight-episode second season of “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan” series. In addition, they’ve announced a November 1st premiere date. Emmy nominated-actor John Krasinski reprise the role of Ryan and is joined by new series regulars including Noomi Rapace (“Prometheus”), Michael […]

Jack Ryan: Season 02 launches on 01 November 2019

Comment

New series of Taskmaster started this week!

If you've never seen it, it's a great time to get onboard as you don't need to watch any previous series, but each show builds as you get to know the personalities of the contestants and how they tackle the tasks.

You'll then catch up on all the previous series!

Comment

Disney+ is not moving forward with its Muppets revival, 'Muppets Live Another Day,' from Josh Gad and the creators of 'Once Upon a Time.'

Disney have axed the Disney+ Muppets project

Comment

That was quick.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I keep watching Spaced.
                      Hawk The Slayer's Rubbish
                      Don't forget to wash your sheets. And your penis.
                      Babylon 5 is a big pile of ****.
                      GET OUT!

Comment

Netflix has beaten out multiple other suitors and made a deal with Sony Pictures Television that will see all 180 episodes of “Seinfeld” coming to Netflix for worldwide streaming starting in 2021 – and all remastered in 4K for the first time. Netflix will pick up the series from Hulu which is where it is […]

The figure is unconfirmed but it's said to be far higher than $500m - that's what Netflix has paid to plug the loss of Friends and The Office from its service with Seinfeld. I honestly have no idea of how far reaching the shows appeal is internationally but it gives me the gut feeling that Netflix has way over valued the shows appeal.

Trailer for Netflix's In the Shadow of the Moon which is out 27 September 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          I honestly have no idea of how far reaching the shows appeal is internationally but it gives me the gut feeling that Netflix has way over valued the shows appeal.
                          Waaaay over-valued. Seinfeld is the perfect example of a show which had its time and audience, and today, just feels tired and played-out. It's literally the show used to illustrate this concept over on TVTropes.

I tried to watch it again a few years ago, and while there are a few moments of comedy gold sprinkled throughout, it wasn't as good as I remember. I think it's a bit like Babylon 5 in a way; it's a massively important show which developed certain ideas and advanced TV as a medium, but it doesn't feel relevant anymore in a modern context. And that's a shame because in the 90s I absolutely loved it.

I can only assume that they want it because shows like Friends, That 70s Show and Fuller House are seen as perfect "background noise" shows, i.e. you put them on if you've got a TV in the kitchen while you're cooking, and you can't dedicate your full attention. They're probably concerned about losing that.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. 'Far higher' than $500m for it seems insane. The appeal just isn't there for <35 year olds, either, versus something like Friends.

Comment

With Disney+ now testing in the Netherlands, we have a list of what is likely every Disney film and TV series that will be available starting day one.

Every film and series available on Day One of Disney+ not counting new original content

Comment

That's a long list. I notice the Spider-Mans and Incredible Hulk are missing from the Marvel list but everything else is present and correct. Given they're all on other platforms, I had anticipated that there might even be more of a delay for some movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X