X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=3537]MoFo2[/MENTION]'s avatar is how I feel about Switch Lite

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Last place in the home consoles so not really ruling that. Big success vs wiiu of course.
      If your talking sales wise, it release like 5 years after its rivals and is likely to surpass Xbox 1 sales this holiday season.

Comment

On Era they're reading tweets etc to try and break down the timeline for Switch Lite, from rumours through Nintendo software support through leaks and then reveal and if that roadmap is any indicator it rules out another Switch SKU this side of 2021.

Thing is, we can pretty much rest assured that anyone wanting a noticeably more powerful Switch will get one but it will have to be called Switch 2 and be a next gen replacement. Nintendo doesn't go 'Pro' models in either market, they have no reason to and frankly it's no guarantee Sony or MS will bother again as neither the PS4 Pro or XBX set the sales world alight. They're used to bolster a system over its dying year or two rather than them proving important in the grand scheme. Honestly, I'm still not convinced that the XBX and PS4 Pro weren't actually mistakes from their makers and that Sony and MS wouldn't have been better served developing PS4/XBO Super Slim's instead.

By the time PS5 and XB4 have even completed their first full financial quarter on sale the Switch will be 4 years old and staring towards its key twilight year. If a 'pro' model doesn't pop up on shelves by Easter at the latest then there flat out won't be one (of value) and the Swithc 2 rumour mill will begin to churn.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
          If your talking sales wise, it release like 5 years after its rivals and is likely to surpass Xbox 1 sales this holiday season.
          I know of no other metric to use. Currently in last place so very much not ruling! It might rule them all in the end of course

Comment

I know of no other metric to use. Currently in last place so very much not ruling! It might rule them all in the end of course
            I could be completely misunderstanding but are you comparing sales including years the Switch didn’t exist in? Or are you measuring monthly sales since its release? Or comparing its yearly sales to the same time periods in the lives of the other consoles?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Not sure if serious...
              Why wouldn't i be?

Same console.
              Same software.
              Same chips.
              USB c the same.
              All controllers work and sync just the same.

Its only a matter of time unil someone gets it outputting to TV. I'm just stating that as a matter of fact, not my intentions for getting one and doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Why wouldn't i be?

Same console.
                Same software.
                Same chips.
                USB c the same.
                All controllers work and sync just the same.

Its only a matter of time unil someone gets it outputting to TV. Im just stating that as a matter of fact, not my intentions for getting one and doing that.
                There is already a version that outputs to TV! You could buy it today. That’s why I wasn’t sure if you were serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Switch does what Nintendon't
                  Cracking little video player as it turns out too
                  What guide did you use? Bought online but have hardly used it so may edit mine!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Same console.
                    Same software.
                    Same chips.
                    USB c the same.
                    Not necessarily. It might not be physically connected to the video output in the device; it may just connect to the battery. Remember that the existing Switch doesn't do networking via USB, only Wifi.

Comment

They've obviously disabled the TV out option from their custom USB-C. TV out isn't a feature of USB-C, companies just add custom stuff whithin USB-C's limits, same as fast charging and Thunderbolt 3. So like Asura said, it's very obviously not the same custom USB-C across the two models.
                      Last edited by Nico87; 12-07-2019, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                        They've obviously disabled the TV out option from their custom USB-C. TV out isn't a feature of USB-C, companies just add custom stuff whithin USB-C's limits, same as fast charging and Thunderbolt 3. So like Asura said, it's very obviously not the same custom USB-C across the two models.
                        Sorry is it “very obviously”?.

Unless you’ve torn down a unit and inspected it already?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Remember that the existing Switch doesn't do networking via USB, only Wifi.
                          You can buy a USB network adapter and connect it the dock.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] I was talking about lifetime sales of current gen consoles. Sony, Microsoft and consumers don’t care that Nintendo messes up with wiiu and we’re therefore late to the party same as no one cared that ps3 was a year late. I don’t see any way to claim that Switch is ruling this generation of home consoles.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] I was talking about lifetime sales of current gen consoles. Sony, Microsoft and consumers don’t care that Nintendo messes up with wiiu and we’re therefore late to the party same as no one cared that ps3 was a year late. I don’t see any way to claim that Switch is ruling this generation of home consoles.
                              I mean there’s only been over 90m ps4’s Sold, probably nearer 100m now. Well just gloss over that and declare Nintendo back on top 🤣

Comment

It's outsold the ps4 in japan and its doing extremely well everywhere else, yes its not the current global lifetime sales leader but when you consider the head start the ps4 had it would be pretty hard for it to be at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X