No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a good session in SUPERHOT last night.

What a great game, but had a moistened brow by the end with all the exertion.

Like Asura, I struggle with throwing as I keep forgetting how to do it, but remembered to kind of flick/push and I was soon taking down those crystalline henchmen with the stuff littered around me.

Struggled a bit with tracking as it really likes a bit of room. Ended up sticking the camera on a robot toy on a stool and it worked loads better.

You properly feel like you're in The Matrix!
    Watching the bullets fly past your face in slow-motion and slicing them with a knife is ace.
    Had a sofa behind me, so did a lot of this:

You have to redo the levels quite a lot, but it never feels like a chore, you're just angry with yourself for being sloppy.
    When I finish a level, I love discarding the guns like a boss:

Comment

Its a great game. I often find myself in crouched positions and it messes with the tracking, but you find ways around it.
      I also like doing a 'John Wick' and tossing the gun into the bad guys face.

Comment

You can cheat a little by resetting the tracking, so you're nearer a gun or teleported away from a bullet's path, but it's not a suitable long-term strategy.

After replaying some levels a few times, you know where the weapons are and restart it with your hands near where the weapons will appear!

The normal non-VR game gives you a replay in normal speed and it's a shame you don't get that with the VR version as I'm pretty sure, I look amazing...

Comment

I finished off SUPERHOT last night and it's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

It doesn't talk about that, actually, but anyway.

It seemed a lot longer than I expected, but replaying the earlier levels was a lot easier than when I first tackled them, so you definitely get better as you play!

It's frustrating that there's no way to restart the game until you complete it or play through the campaign again, just do the level select option and work your way through them again. Nicer if there was a way to work through them again.

That aside, there are loads of options - headshots only, real time, endless, don't die and other modes.
          Endless is pretty cool!

After that, I tried Neverout, which is a curious puzzler where you're stuck in a prison cube with one exit.
          If you walk against the wall, the whole room rotates, but gravity remains, so you're manipulating the room to get to the exit.

I was actually really enjoying it until I got stuck and a bit frustrated, so I started the VR Baman game, but it hadn't downloaded.

Gave up and went to bed but had a great night in VR!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            It's frustrating that there's no way to restart the game until you complete it or play through the campaign again, just do the level select option and work your way through them again. Nicer if there was a way to work through them again.
            That's the only prob I have with the game. I reached a level I struggle with and it would have been nice to go through some earlier levels again to practice, instead of continually getting clobbered by a particularly tough scenario.

At it's best though, it makes you feel amazing.

Comment

I'd stick with it because it's amazing from start to end, but it does get really tricky at the end.
              Had a couple of people I would have liked to show it to, but it wasn't finished and I couldn't really drop them in at the deep end.
              Such a simple omission that would really benefit the game, allowing people who are stuck to get better and allow new players to dip in.

Comment

If you like Superhot you should definitely give Sairento a go.
                Singapore-based studio Mixed Realms today released their high-flying ninja combat game Sairento VR (2018) in Europe on PSVR; the North American release is slated to arrive next week. Sairento VR was first released on Steam Early Access for PC VR back in late 2016, and while it launched out of EA more than a year ago, we’ve been waiting to …

I’m not sure how the tracking is going to hold up on PSVR, it has its moments with full room scale on pc.

Comment

Well this is a first, decided to try out I'm hungry VR as it looked like a fun game. Plonked down £13 for it only to find on booting it up that it's broken. No matter how far i sit from camera i get a message saying not to walk out of my play space and i can see my hands floating no matter what buttons i press on the move controllers or the dualshock i can't get it to start. I have rebooted everything from shutdown, i have deleted it & reinstalled, i have recallibrated camera at multiple angles & heights it dosent matter how far or close i sit or how high or low i just get that error screen and nothing else.
                  [img][/img]

Can't find a developers website or any help at all, pissed off is putting it mildly. Sent an email to sony but i won't hold my breath, pretty sure i'm going to get back some useless website links showing me how to reboot my console and other useless junk.
                  Last edited by importaku; 07-07-2019, 23:12.

Comment

Bravo Team (PS4)
                    Release Date: 07 March 2018 | Certificate: Suitable for 18 years and over

£9.85
                    includes FREE UK Postage (other delivery options available)
                    RRP: £34.99. You Save: £25.14

Comment

Moss (PS4 PSVR)
                      Release Date: 15 June 2018 | Certificate: Suitable for 7 years and over

£11.85
                      includes FREE UK Postage (other delivery options available)
                      RRP: £24.99. You Save: £13.14

Comment

Picked up Torver saves the universe and Ghost giant at the weekend put a good few hours into both, and equally they are fantastic in there own way.

Ghost giant is like peering over a diorama world that is bursting at the seems with detail and character, the narrative is brilliant and its like being inside a massively detailed picture book full of interesting characters. if you enjoyed Astrobot or Moss for its sense of place then this is well worth spending an afternoon with. The puzzles are never obtuse, they have stopped me a few times but this has pushed me to explore the scene and find secrets so you never tend to get to frustrated.

Ghost Giant has all the warmth and wonder you’ve come to expect from VR storytelling. It’s got a twee diorama world of small miracles to explore, cutesy characters to fall in love with and even a handful of subversive themes to pick apart. It doesn’t take long

Trover Saves the Universe i spent most of Saturday evening with i put the headset on at 8 and took it off at half 11 thinking it was a lot earlier. The platforming is not a patch on games like Astrobot its a step back if anything but the script and characters keep you pushing forward and really make this game a stand out experience.

It’s rare for me to find a game that genuinely makes me laugh. I’ve never really been the type of person that likes to watch comedy movies on my own as I prefer to treat laughter as a social experience. I also spend the vast majority of my
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 15-07-2019, 10:10.

Comment

Both of these are on my hit list.
                          I've started on Borderlands 2. This will be my 5th play through, but first time in VR and first time as Maya. Its basically Borderlands 2...but in VR. Couple of odd things with it. No running. No crouching. And moving my head forward and back doesn't seem to track, so I can't get a closer look at anything. That said it's still a very good FPS and great to play in VR. Using my head to track targets makes it an easier game I think. Im pretty much critical hitting everything. I found the same with Doom. Maybe VR FPS will have to change things up going forward.

Comment

My brother came over on Saturday. He plays golf in the real world. I put him on Everybody's Golf VR. He bought PSVR and Golf on way home.

He couldn't believe it was tracking his swing so closely. We are both amazed on how you don't really need to look at the power bar at all. Just feeeeeeeel. Brilliant.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Got hold of Farpoint and the Aim Controller at CEX today, using a big credit voucher we got from a house clearout a while back. Cheeky sods, the Farpoint was on the shelf like a normal PS4 game, and when they got the Aim controller out the back, it was clearly the one which comes packaged with Farpoint - they'd taken it out the box and were selling the two separately. That being said, it was still a fair bit cheaper than Amazon so whatever.

Also this means I get to play Doom VFR, as someone told me I should wait until I got the Aim Controller to play that.

This also, sadly, is one of the last steps on my PSVR journey; I think I'm going to play these, then Firewall, then get rid of it. I've absoutely loved it and I think it's a blast, but with the PS5 around the corner, support is likely to dry up and a better set will probably appear, either from Sony or someone else, and I'll be going for that. They still command a decent price right now but that'll change in 2020 I'm sure.

I'd honestly pay in excess of a grand for a unit with better tracking and, crucially, is wireless. Ideally with more multiplayer experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X