No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Berlin at the weekend and had a ticket for the Brewdog AGM. Tried many lovely beers. Standout for me was To0l’s Sur CascadeXCascade which is a sour mashed double dry hopped IPA. Sensational. Cascade central. Yum.
    Also the Brewdog Tokyo Death a delicious 15% imperial stout. Gives your taste buds a great work. And the sour beers from Overworks were lovely too.
    And of course being in Berlin also meant Berliner Weiss Kindl with woodruff. Looks like washing up liquid buts tastes great.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Went to Berlin at the weekend and had a ticket for the Brewdog AGM. Tried many lovely beers. Standout for me was To0l’s Sur CascadeXCascade which is a sour mashed double dry hopped IPA. Sensational. Cascade central. Yum.
      Also the Brewdog Tokyo Death a delicious 15% imperial stout. Gives your taste buds a great work. And the sour beers from Overworks were lovely too.
      And of course being in Berlin also meant Berliner Weiss Kindl with woodruff. Looks like washing up liquid buts tastes great.
      ever tried this one?

Buy Beer Online at PerfectDraft. Free delivery on orders over £50! Browse our expertly selected range of beer kegs for the PerfectDraft Machine, the ultimate home bar experience.

tastes abit like smoked kippers!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        ever tried this one?

Buy Beer Online at PerfectDraft. Free delivery on orders over £50! Browse our expertly selected range of beer kegs for the PerfectDraft Machine, the ultimate home bar experience.

tastes abit like smoked kippers!
        The brauhaus in Glasgow sells that. It’s a weird flavour. Kind of reminds me of lapsang souchong tea. How do they even go about making a smoked beer?

Comment

I've had a crack on that Brewdog Tokyo before, but even as a regular (imperial) stout drinker I found it a bit much to have more than a few good gulps of. Even when I've seen it in their own pubs they seem to limit it to a 1/3 pint...

Just realised that I forgot to post up in the CAMRA thread about this year's local beer festival visit. I know you've all been on the edge of your seats worrying about whether I made it there or not, but fret ye not, beers were had. This year they decided to mark up their prize-winners with rosettes mid-festival, allowing you to pick out and sample those taking home the honours. I think it was Five Points Railway Porter that took the grand prize, and it was certainly hard to argue with them on it.

Comment

Bought a bottle of JD Fire on a whim. Sweet cinnamon with a bourbon background burn. Pretty good. I used to drink a lot of JD single barrel, but somehow the neat whisky idea isn't thrilling me any more.

Comment

Managed to cram 6 pints of £1.50 Doom Bar in at the pub tonite betwixt the hours of 22.05-23.51, there were supposed to be 4 of us, in the end there were eight, bloody great night and was bang next to a sexy lass who just friended me on FB. Good, good, stuff. Jolly good.

Jolly good.

Stuff.

Comment

Bloody hell, £1.50 a pint is good going! Was it on special offer or something?

Comment

It's a Monday night special. Carlsberg and whatever ale they have on. They seem to rotate Doom Bar, Hobgoblin and this IPA I don't like so I was lucky last night. Apparently, the Wetherspoons opposite is now also doing £1.50 pints on Monday nights. How oddly coincidental.

Comment

Had a few tonite cos I finished work at 10pm but had to pick up my Lee Harvey Ozwald at 11.

Had to kill an hour.

Cue a can of Fosters, two pints of White Rat, four cans at me pal's pad, half hour walk back, picked up 4x500ml Holsten Pils can from petrol station, just downed one, feelin rank tbh. Rank rank rank. Top rank.

Comment

been finding im emptying a box of 18 fosters in an eve and left wanting more!
                      If i didn't feel so fine and could work as normal i'd say there's something up.... but they go down like water
                      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                        If i didn't feel so fine and could work as normal i'd say there's something up.... but they go down like water
                        That's not good dude, you need to get some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                          Yep, that’s definitely not good. Honestly, feeling fine with it and working as normal isn’t the positive it might seem like. You should talk to someone about that. Not sure who but, even by posting this, I think you’re seeing something isn’t right here. Reach out to anyone you can talk to about it and examine it further.

Comment

18 cans? You wouldn't drink that much water in a regular evening.

Comment

Fosters currently £3 for 4x440ml cans straight from the chiller at our Tesco. £7 for a 10-can box of warm ones.

Reason he didn't get wazzed on eighteen cans is because Fosters is pisswater. Like Carling and Carlsberg are. Eight cans of Perla or Zubr will get you where you wanna be in a much less detrimental manner.

Fosters will just give you tits.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                Fosters currently £3 for 4x440ml cans straight from the chiller at our Tesco. £7 for a 10-can box of warm ones.

Reason he didn't get wazzed on eighteen cans is because Fosters is pisswater. Like Carling and Carlsberg are. Eight cans of Perla or Zubr will get you where you wanna be in a much less detrimental manner.

Fosters will just give you tits.
                                Doesn’t really matter if it’s pisswater or not - 18 cans of fosters is over 30 units of alcohol - like drinking more than a full bottle of vodka/whisky a day. That’s moving close to Oli reed territory....

Comment

Working...
                                X