MegaSD - FPGA MegaCD Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    I’ll be waitng for your review of the SD.

Is the PCE kit they sell worth it now?
    Yeah. There’s been a lot of forum column inches dedicated to nit picks but the current revision looks to be spot on. I have an earlier version and it’s great. It does sound like there’s been even more attention paid to the small details in the Mega SD so it should be fine first time around.

Comment

SVP chip now supported, firmware update coming in a couple of weeks...

Comment

Wow that’s sweet. Switch port means this isn’t really necessary but awesome nevertheless.

Comment

What do people think the chances are of some kind of upgrade to support the 32x without actually needing a 32x?

Really feel this should have been an “all in one” cart for the price

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
            What do people think the chances are of some kind of upgrade to support the 32x without actually needing a 32x?

That would be awesome but is the FPGA powerful enough?

Comment

It's great to see virtua racing finally supported by a flash cart.

Comment

The good thing is you can use save states to save the lap records.

Sega really dropped the ball by not including records saving in the original cart. Without any sort of championship mode, beating lap times is the only way to add longevity to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

The FPGA would need to be huge to emulate all that hardware and I'm unsure how they could handle the video mixing.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                    Pulled the trigger!
                    Ordered one of these last week, what sort of delivery times/issues were people experiencing if any? Just thinking about Brexit looming.
                    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 10-10-2019, 08:36.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Andorra isn't in the EU

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Andorra isn't in the EU
                        I'm aware of this, but we are. So the assumption is that shipping might be disrupted/incomplete when the horse's arse that is Brexit finally happens at the end of the month. My question was primarily related to shipping times.

Comment

I think there will be no change, fairly awful and slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                            Ordered one of these last week, what sort of delivery times/issues were people experiencing if any? Just thinking about Brexit looming.
                            Brexit shouldn’t impact as @vanpeebles says Andorra isn’t in the EU. Although s**t might go down at the end Of the month and delay all parcels!!!!

Mine was part of the initial run and they got shipped in small batches due to the number they had to send and the shippers capability in Andorra! This should be cleared by now and you can check the shipping status on their website/ forum.

As with all packaged from outside the EU it was stopped at customs and I was charged both VAT and an admin fee, was around £50 total. The actual shipping time was quick 4-5 days total. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                              Brexit shouldn’t impact as @vanpeebles says Andorra isn’t in the EU.

Mine was part of the initial run and they got shipped in small batches due to the number they had to send and the shippers capability in Andorra! This should be cleared by now and you can check the shipping status on their website/ forum.

As with all packaged from outside the EU it was stopped at customs and I was charged both VAT and an admin fee, was around £50 total. The actual shipping time was quick 4-5 days total. Hope that helps.
                              Cheers mate, still hasn't shipped have been checking updates. Didn't realise they were as much of a one-man-band-type outfit as they seem. I'd guessed about £50 customs fees, so factored that in.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                                Cheers mate, still hasn't shipped have been checking updates. Didn't realise they were as much of a one-man-band-type outfit as they seem. I'd guessed about £50 customs fees, so factored that in.
                                No worries.

Yes very much a one man band, although after that initial backlog I would have thought they would be quicker getting them out, it’s worth the wait though, quality product!

Comment

Working...
                                X