Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the thing is he can't renege on the promise to leave, deal or no deal, because the Tories will be absolutely slaughtered at the next GE if he does. Boris has backed himself into a corner and no amount of backtracking will get him out of it.

Comment

It has an air that his only roll of the dice may be a GE in the hopes he can scrape through a majority (he won't)

Comment

The latest (combined) polls suggest Labour is slightly ahead: https://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

But the voting intent is very much split four ways, with the Brexit party polling dangerously for Boris - this is why the Brexit line is a toxic wound.

Comment

The saving grace for Labour is that they could always create a coalition with the Lib Dems, I don't think the Tories could consider or survive attempting a coalition with the Brexit Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            The saving grace for Labour is that they could always create a coalition with the Lib Dems, I don't think the Tories could consider or survive attempting a coalition with the Brexit Party.
            The Tories bowed to pressure from UKIP for a refrendum on Europe and now jumped into bed with the DUP.

Expect the unexpected with Conservatives, they'll drop for any chance to make some cash or hold onto power.

Comment

Probably It's time the media woke up to the Brexit Party simply being a rebrand of UKIP too

Comment

...and fresh out of jail, here's your new Conservative MP, Tommy Robinson!"

Comment

I feel for the first time in my life, I don't allign to any party.

I believe in everyone being given care and oppertunties and feel that every single party has let me down over the years. I've voted Green, Labour, Lib Dem and obviosuly, would never vote Tory. But all of them have let me down in various ways and stopped voting in the European Elections this year.

I'm tired of it all and the public's stupidity in voting Tory, the Tory stanglehold on the Murdoch press and what we're doing to the planet and our most poor.

It's depressing.

Comment

Boris has ruled out a coalition with the Brexit Party.
                    You can never trust his word but if true it increases the chances the Tories would lose power in a General Election

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...PWjQ&ocid=iehp

Boris has ruled out a coalition with the Brexit Party.
                      You can never trust his word but if true it increases the chances the Tories would lose power in a General Election
                      Coalition ruled out until there’s a coalition 5 mins after whatever non coalition officially announces it is in fact a coalition.

Comment

It's all kicked off today:

The move follows the sacking of Baroness Hayter after she criticised the handling of anti-Semitism claims.

Labour peers may be planning to hold a vote of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn over the anti-Semitism claims

MPs are suddenly moving today to vote over measures intended to block Johnson's No Deal play. The key amendment being voted on is an effort to block a PM's attempt to prorogue parliament.

Boris has pulled a full on Trump by lying about non-existent EU regulations regarding fish.

Comment

Boris is basically the Daily Mail made flesh. The fact that the smell of anti-semitism has dogged the Labour Party whereas the brazenness of Boris and the Tories has no effect says a lot about where the real power lies. The fact that Boris can rant about the EU for some kipper law that is actually a UK thing and that nonsense won’t remotely cause anyone to stop him becoming PM also says a lot about where the real power lies. What should be scaring people is what happens when you haven’t got the EU to keep that in check to some degree.

Comment

Tory rebels have helped pass the motion against allowing the next PM to cheat the country into a No Deal scenario.

Some analysis of the move, it doesn't block No Deal but it's a painful pre-emptive blow to Johnson, his authority and his chances of delivering on his many promises

PM says she hopes better paternity leave and time off to care for premature infants will be one of her lasting legacies

Whilst one of May's last acts is to start the ball rolling for the new PM to look at extending Paternity Leave rights

Comment

On this Boris kipper thing. Politicians are learning they can say whatever they want, they're not accountable and people believe them. From talking about kippers to saying "send 'em back", they're not getting the kind of disciplinary any normal person would receive.

Tory leadership candidate Boris Johnson says EU regulations put burdens on kipper smokers. Is he right?

Claim: EU regulations require kipper suppliers to keep their products cool with ice pillows when they are delivered.
                              Verdict: This is not true. EU regulation covers fresh fish, not smoked fish. The UK's Food Standard Agency says food manufacturers must transport food so it is fit to eat. This might require a "cool bag".

Claim: "After decades of sending kippers like this through the post he has had his costs massively increased by Brussels bureaucrats who have insisted that each kipper must be accompanied by this: a plastic ice pillow."
                              Verdict: The Isle of Man is neither in the UK or the EU, meaning they do not have to adhere to any regulations made in Brussels.

Comment

Kippers are smoked, but are still fresh fish needing cooking. According to that bbc link, they do need an ice pack for the EU.

They do, however, have to when they export products into the EU.

Comment

Working...
                                X