Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watchmen

HBO has released a teaser trailer for its Watchmen sequel series:

Will have to watch this to make my mind up. I thought the film covered the comics well enough to not warrant anything else again to be honest.

See how this turns out.

Comment

New trailer:

Comment

Trailer looks pretty good.

I’m out though. The reason is down to two words: Damon Lindelof. There are almost no writers who will put me off a show or film... almost. He exists only to nurture an appreciation for writers who can write characters who do things that make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I’m out though.
          It's starting from a difficult position in my case, because I quite liked the first adaptation. It was different, but then it always will be.

Comment

Episode 1 is brilliant. Honestly can't imagine a better follow-up ... and hope the whole season maintains the quality. Can't wait for ep 2.

Comment

I enjoyed it too - it's really intense, and not pulling punches. It's clearly lining up to wrangle with some pretty big societal issues, which one on hand is exciting, but on the other makes me worry that they'll blunder it. Still, I'm up for seeing how it goes from here.

Oh, and the Reznor / Ross soundtrack, which I wasn't aware of before now, certainly does no harm.

Comment

I'll probably watch this, eventually, but I'm with Moore in thinking Watchmen should be left as is.

“As far as I know,” he said, “there weren’t that many prequels or sequels to ‘Moby-Dick’.”

Comment

I was thinking of Alan Moore when the credits of the first ep rolled. It's a shame his name isn't there with Dave Gibbons' ... not just because he deserves the recognition but because the show is worthy.

Comment

Episode 2 was another cracker. Best thing I've seen on tv in a while.

Comment

What are we now... 4 episodes in? I'm still enjoying it a lot.

Comment

For some reason this comes to mind with every episode I watch:
                        rate and comment! Just a funny bit from 3rd rock from the sun!! enjoy!

Comment

Watched ep 6 this week. Absolutely amazing. Hits so many highs. With this and Succession it feels like HBO are on great form again.

Comment

Nice little video, 2003 test footage from a David Hayter led attempt to adapt this into a film:

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              test footage from a David Hayter led attempt to adapt this into a film:
                              "Rorschach? Rorschach? Rorschaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach!"

Comment

Working...
                              X