Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Ghost Recon Breakpoint has leaked ahead of an official reveal from publisher Ubisoft.Breakpoint was set to be revealed …

Leaked ahead of a full reveal later today, Breakpoint is the sequel to Wildlands and launches on 04 October 2019 on PC, PS4 and XBO

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...fficial-reveal

Leaked ahead of a full reveal later today, Breakpoint is the sequel to Wildlands and launches on 04 October 2019 on PC, PS4 and XBO
    I hope its better than Wildlands, which for me was a huge step backwards from the 360 games.

Comment

I quite enjoyed Wildlands, although I would like more to do and more variety in the missions. It reminded me of an empty Rockstar world at times. I'd also like more RPG elements on top of the RPG-lite mechanics although that probably runs completely against everything this game series is (and risks another The Division).

I didn't play it as a CO-OP game where it probably shines though.

Either way intrigued, although I've still got tons to do in the original game so doubt I'd stump up the inevitable £90-£100 for the 'Gold/Ultimate' version of this.

Comment

Official Announcement Video:

Gameplay segment:

My thoughts: Looks great, although very Ubisoft staged kind of way. Need to see much more about it.

Comment

I pray they get rid of the magically carrying weapons & bring back a gun limit - 1 pistol 1 rifle or small smg + anti tank aircraft etc - pick a loadout & that's it unless you pick up a gun from somewhere. actually make it tactical so you have to choose appropriate loadout for the mission.

Hopefully the AI will be improved as well.

Comment

Trailers give me the impression that Wildlands did well enough that little has changed for this new one, doesn't really peak my interest.

Comment

This one seems to be a bit more deliberate and intimate than Wildlands. It's hard to tell since the AI is so scripted in the gameplay video but in Wildlands it seemed like you were dealing with bigger open spaces and things went sideways immediately and it just turned into a gunfight. This looks a bit more considered.

I was hoping they'd go crazier with the robots though. The problem with Wildlands and MGS5 was that they didn't escalate the enemies you fight out in the world. It was just humans and vehicles. In MGS5 I wanted roaming patrols of Metal Gears to make things harder and stop me from trang pistolling everyone with no consequence. When I heard about a drone army in this GR I was hoping for roaming robots making things interesting.

Shout out to all of the old NTSC-UK Team GRAWsome coop crew. Some of the best multiplayer I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post

Shout out to all of the old NTSC-UK Team GRAWsome coop crew. Some of the best multiplayer I've ever had.
                Holla back! We had some absolutely fantastic sessions back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                  p A R p!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    p A R p!
                    Awesome days, ChroHounds and Vegas were ace too

Comment

I've got high hopes for this. I passed on Wildlands as it just seemed too big and repetitive but if anything seeing what Ubisoft have done with R6 Seige they can surely deliver a bit more diversity in this.

I'll keep it on my radar.

Comment

So done a fair few hours on the Beta.

I'm in two minds. Some of the stuff is pretty good, some pretty disappointing.

I'm not a fan of the series moving towards the Division (and I love the Division). This is NOT a tactical shooter anymore

Please can we get a game without a "season" or "hub" or any more of this Destiny type ****e.

I want old school breach and clear - carry two guns, shoot baddies regardless of "gear level" and that type of ****.

How good would this game be if there was no "shop" no infinite guns carried around inside a D&D bag of holding, no gear levels - you take what you find on the island including weapons and ammo, you have a limit to what you can carry, now THAT would've been a great ****ing game.

I'll end up buying this but much like the Division 2 it will be well after release and when on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                          I'll end up buying this
                          Why? Not having a go, but you sound like you hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Why? Not having a go, but you sound like you hate it.
                            To me it sounds like the good bits outweigh the bad bits. That said the world isn't exactly heaving in tactical shooters. Again it's that old not everything needs to be a GaaS/pretend GaaS every time.

As mentioned earlier in the thread at £92 for the 'complete' version I'm not going anywhere near this so will probably forget about it. I didn't get The Division 2 for similar reasons and I can't say I regretted the decision one bit.
                            Last edited by Digfox; 07-09-2019, 09:53.

Comment

Having had a go last night I'd say if you liked Wildlands you're safe here. Personally I was taken aback a little by how poor it felt and how little it's progressed from the previous game beyond a jig of the visual style to a darker one. Vehicle control is dull at best, it's clunky like a mid-gen PS3 title, the open world is bland etc. It's as generic a Ubi-open world game could get, very easy pass for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X