(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Shotokou 2 is in my top 10. Oozes atmosphere and playability; Criminally underrated.
    It really showed off how crisp Dreamcast visuals can be. I used to get hooked and play it for hours. Felt so advanced for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      It really showed off how crisp Dreamcast visuals can be. I used to get hooked and play it for hours. Felt so advanced for the time.
      Indeed - shutokou zero for the ps2 (essentially a remake with some extra road) is great too. Great ost’s If you like Japanese metal!
      Last edited by dvdx2; 11-07-2019, 15:13.

Comment

Tonight’s entertainment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

There isn’t a bit of anti-aliasing in sight but I love the fine details of the car interior (dash etc), 3D alloy wheels, small sticker badges etc and it’s so smooth in motion

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Xexex - Wow!

Comment

Also:

Jungle King - I love the music in this game And the controls are pretty damn tight for a game from 1982!

Comment

Just finished the first Pikmin which I have been playing over the last week. Really love the characters and enemy designs. Game is pretty relaxing to play and the time limit structure works pretty well imo, I would do one or two days at night before going to bed and not have to worry about forgetting my progress next time I played or losing track of the time I spent playing. Would love Nintendo to expand the concept in the 4th game allowing us to actually pilot the ship and explore different planets.

Comment

Finished Final Fantasy VII. The game has issues but I still love it all the same

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    You're like a glamour photographer -- but instead of sexy ladies, you take photos of beautiful pixels.

Look at those scanlines.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    Xexex - Wow!
                    Yeah, a stunning game. Konami had some great people working for them back then.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-07-2019, 05:56.

Comment

Yeah, a stunning game. Konami had some great people working for them back then.
                      90s Konami were incredible!

Recently gave Metamorphic Force more time. Probably the best (most responsive) controls in a brawler ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        90s Konami were incredible!

Recently gave Metamorphic Force more time. Probably the best (most responsive) controls in a brawler ever!
                        Yeah, they were incredible in the arcades and at home. Their artists and musicians did brilliant work.

The Konami arcade tech around the Metamorphic Force era allowed for stunning 2D and excellent audio. Stands the test of time really well.

Comment

I've been playing Koro Koro Puzzle Happy Panecchu and Warioware Twisted, both GBA games (although on a DS).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Looks really good, so I'll check it out when I get a GBA Everdrive.

Comment

Looks really good, so I'll check it out when I get a GBA Everdrive.
                              It will only work with the real cartridge. It requires physical inputs sensed via accelerometers.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                It will only work with the real cartridge. It requires physical inputs sensed via accelerometers.
                                I'll buy a copy then, seeing it's not expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X