Retro City Rampage 2: Shakedown Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro City Rampage 2: Shakedown Hawaii

Retro City Rampage, the 8-bit Grand Theft Auto-inspired indie shooter, is getting an open-world follow-up named Shakedo…

The sequel is coming to PS4, PC and Vita and this time it's 30 years later and the world has gone 16bit.

It will be playable at Playstation Experience next week. Glad to see 16 bit represented

Definitely interested. I enjoyed the first a lot, although I never completed it. I found it a bit twitchy in the control but it was a lot of fun.

Comment

Ooh! That looks fun!

Comment

The first got old fast sadly. It was a solid game with fairly weak gameplay and it was miles too frenzied.

Visually this looks amazing.

Comment

Looks a bit slower too. Good thing imo.

Comment

I was well excited for RCR, was the last game I downloaded on Wii, splurged about ?12 day 1 on the download. Turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of awful cheesy jokes about 8-bit gaming and 80s cinema wrapped up in ****ty gameplay. I think I'll treat this one with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              I was well excited for RCR, was the last game I downloaded on Wii, splurged about ?12 day 1 on the download. Turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of awful cheesy jokes about 8-bit gaming and 80s cinema wrapped up in ****ty gameplay. I think I'll treat this one with caution.
              Unfortunately I felt this way too. The first one was a game that was more enjoyable in screenshots than it was to actually play.

This one does look better though.

Comment

Thats a shame. I hadn't got round to picking up the first one yet but the reviews and hype made it seem like quite the jape.

Comment

Vblank Entertainment has announced its next game, Shakedown: Hawaii, will make its PC debut first on the Epic Games store this spring.

PC version is now a timed Epic Store exclusive

Comment

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a-release-date

Out 07 May 2019

Comment

Currently £9.99 on PS4. I ideally wanted it on Switch but it's double the price.

It looks awesome, there's loads to do and the soundtrack is, as we said back in the 90s, wicked.

Overall, great stuff for a tenner.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Currently £9.99 on PS4. I ideally wanted it on Switch but it's double the price.
                        Heh, your bump made consider buying it and disregard buying it.

Comment

I bought this today. It's rubbish, yet I can't stop playing it.............

Comment

I stand by it being a bit rubbish, but man has this vacuumed my time. I've already finished the story and all side missions. (Just over eight hours) I own the full island and don't have much left to do other than find a few remaining phone chargers and complete a couple of challenges. I think i'm at 95% complete. So yeah, rubbish but I've put 12 hours in to it, thankfully my wife is in Canada.

Comment

I can vouch for the first one being rubbish too, if you're looking to not enjoy another game.

Comment

Working...
                              X