X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Sorry is it “very obviously”?.

Unless you’ve torn down a unit and inspected it already?
    It's obvious because Nintendo won't have left something connected on the motherboard that isn't supposed to be a feature of the new device. See the lengths they went to in order for 3rd party docks not to work with the original Switch.

Comment

I mean there’s only been over 90m ps4’s Sold, probably nearer 100m now. Well just gloss over that and declare Nintendo back on top [emoji1787]
      Technically it's the leader in the current gen as Sony and MS haven't released their 9th gen consoles yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] I was talking about lifetime sales of current gen consoles. Sony, Microsoft and consumers don’t care that Nintendo messes up with wiiu and we’re therefore late to the party same as no one cared that ps3 was a year late. I don’t see any way to claim that Switch is ruling this generation of home consoles.
        Well I gave two other ways to look at it. With lifetime sales rather than like for like you could also say that gramophones are kicking the Switch’s ass but it wouldn’t say anything about the reality of right now. The PS4 and One were on sale for several years before the Switch and might well still hugely outshine the Switch but lifetime sales will only really have meaning when all those lifetimes are over.

I actually have no idea what month to month sales are like. Does the PS4 beat the Switch each month? I’d have thought so still. That would be more relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

I actually have no idea what month to month sales are like. Does the PS4 beat the Switch each month? I’d have thought so still. That would be more relevant.
          The only place you see raw numbers is Japan and the Switch has been out selling it by huge margins since launch to the point where it had outsold it's life time figures and shows no signs of slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            You can buy a USB network adapter and connect it the dock.
            Well that just seems wildly inconsistent

Comment

Well the good news is this has made my decision of what Switch to go for a lot easier...

Comment

I found this:

Welcome to the latest edition of the ‘PS4 vs Xbox One vs Switch Worldwide’ article. This series compares [...]

This is about what wargame mentioned(total Switch sales in Japan have overtaken total PS4 sales):

Both consoles have sold around 8m units each there, but PS4 global sales are around three times Switch sales.

Comment

I mean there’s only been over 90m ps4’s Sold, probably nearer 100m now. Well just gloss over that and declare Nintendo back on top 🤣
                  Are we factoring in in-house software sales as well? They managed to shift 100M WiiU games even, so I'm not sure where they are with Switch games at this point.

Comment

Comment

The real news here is that the XBO has passed the Vita in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Stupid question time: when playing a physical game, are game saves going to the game cart, or the system/SD card?
                        System by default I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          You can buy a USB network adapter and connect it the dock.
                          I'm using the official one I bought for the Wii, which was used on the WiiU also.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Those are good numbers. Is that over a month? It doesn't seem to specify the time frame. Either way, I expected the lead over XBox One but not over the PS4. That's interesting. If that's not just a cherry picked time frame and is indicative of a longer term success, that's a good result for the Switch.

Comment

Those are good numbers. Is that over a month? It doesn't seem to specify the time frame. Either way, I expected the lead over XBox One but not over the PS4. That's interesting. If that's not just a cherry picked time frame and is indicative of a longer term success, that's a good result for the Switch.
                              That would be the week of Mario Maker 2 so probably a bit skewed in the Switches favour.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Are we factoring in in-house software sales as well? They managed to shift 100M WiiU games even, so I'm not sure where they are with Switch games at this point.
                                Consoles sold.

Edit. Just looked at that pic of numbers, 122 vitas sold, take that Nintendo!

Comment

Working...
                                X