Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You upload them in the Discoveries section, although the "Upload All" button doesn't work right now.
    52 million right now, trying to make my money from selling Liquid Explosive, Living Glass and Microchips. Seems I need to put another S-rank scanning jobbie in there to make more cash.

Comment

I've not played all weekend and have withdrawal symptoms, however, seeing how much time you pair have pumped into this and are still wanting, I'm reticent to commit 100%.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I've not played all weekend and have withdrawal symptoms, however, seeing how much time you pair have pumped into this and are still wanting, I'm reticent to commit 100%.
          It feels pretty daunting. I'm still in the first system doing the tutorial missions and i've been playing for about 6 hours now. I'm honestly happy just strolling around and discovering things right now. That's probably the best way to play, the equipment and riches come with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            It feels pretty daunting. I'm still in the first system doing the tutorial missions and i've been playing for about 6 hours now. I'm honestly happy just strolling around and discovering things right now. That's probably the best way to play, the equipment and riches come with time.
            Yeah, it's not a chore at all.
            I'm daydreaming about what I'm going to do next, and that's usually a good thing with games for me.
            I really want to get a door for my hut, but I think I have to find some hidden ancient artefact before I can continue.

Comment

One trick is stacking missions, when you goto any space station stop at the mission counter and pick up any easy missions like scan 5 plants or kill 5 animals etc. At each station you will find a lot of similar kinds of mission when you meet the requirement on one mission it will complete all the same ones then you can cash them all in for a ton of units nanites and expensive items to sell for cash. I tend to stock up on loads of the same missions then as I play they will all start completing together.

And just taking your time and exploring is suuuuper addictive, 109 hours in only a month or so of owning the game and it doesn’t feel like I have been playing that long at all as you are kept busy discovering loads of stuff.

Comment

I've got a new tactic when it comes to a new system with something worthwhile there: build micro-base on one of the planets/moons.
                You'll need to put down a Base Computer first, have it confirm nobody else has claimed the spot, then build a teleporter, battery and solar panels (newbies will need some salvage data and a blueprint reader to be able to craft these three) and connect them together with wires. The solar panels will charge the battery and power the teleporter in the daytime, and the battery will supply power at night. That way you can zoom backwards and forwards between bases and spacestations as much as you like.

Comment

I'm finding this a bit hard to go back to. I loved the few hours I've played of it, but I can't help but feel that now, I'm just gonna move from planet to planet, mining materials, getting some minor upgrades and moving on.

I guess it's just another reminder that sandbox games don't really "do it" for me.

Comment

It's all about having a super-cool freighter and massive frigate fleet for me.

Comment

Good advice [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]. I'll get digging up tech.
                      Another thing I found the hard way: always make sure your ship is fueled before going on a hike. I went on a 25min expedition away from my ship only to call it and find its launch thrusters are dry. Cue another 25min walk back. I found some good stuff on the way but still...

Comment

Each time i boot up the game there seems to be a new bug fix update however they still havent fixed the bug that has wiped all my space stations from the teleporter log meaning any old or new stations i visit will not appear im stuck to travelling between the bases i have made i might as well not bother unless i write their names down and make a map of where they are, which in this game is nigh on impossible as the galaxy map is extremely complex to say the least.

Seriously considering starting from the beginning again but walking away from a 100+ hour save is extremely painful.

Comment

Built my first proper underwater base since the Abyss update. It looks a little too phallic so I'll be changing it in a few. It is currently a cylindrical tower with a domed top. I'm going to expand it sideways at several levels so it looks more like the super villain's lair it should

Comment

I discovered an almost entirely water planet. The underwater areas are stunning now. Can't wait until I can build a sub and get exploring.

Comment

I keep laughing every time I see this patch on PS4, they release two patches in one day the other week Sony must be going mad with all the cert time they are spending on rushing through patches. New content looks good, but I'll wait a few weeks for them to patch, out most of the bugs first, before jumping back in.

Comment

I've actually only had it crash out once. Not had any further issues. Maybe I'm lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X