0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 10 Metroid bliss

0 0%

Metroid Samus Returns 3DS

Finally after years of waiting for a 2D Metroid,MercurySteam lands a superb version for the 3ds.Graphics are really well presented and the 3D gives a pleasing depth effect.When enemies are destroyed,bits fly towards the screen.The soundtrack is excellent and creates a beautiful atmosphere.The new 360 degree firing mode is a welcome touch as is the counter attack move.Pressing the X button when an enemy flashes silver and homes towards Samus results in a slash counter strike which always feels gratifying.
    I'm 2 hours into the game and only completed 9%.As you venture further into the game you unlock galley stills and hard modes when the game is completed.
    Overall it's a polished,well crafted salute to the series and the 3DS.Fans of the series won't be disappointed.
    Welcome back Samus,it's been a long time
    Last edited by BIG EDD; 14-09-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Every time I saw Reggie or someone else introducing this, I always imagined them mumbling just after the shot "... now y'all ****ers, the millions of you who bitched about Fed Force, better run out and buy this pretty sharpish".
    Last edited by Asura; 14-09-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Sounds good. I'll definitely be picking this one up. Keep the impressions coming.

The control system flows well.The weapons and upgrades are spot on.For me MercurySteam has delivered

Already averaging 88% from 52 professional reviews thus far according to Metacritic. I was sceptical about MercurySteam handling this but they appear to have done a great job.

Nintendo UK Store posted my Legacy Edition yesterday so hopefully I cop this come the weekend. Can't understand why there isn't a 3DS eShop demo of this though.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-09-2017 at 07:43 AM.

The Eurogamer review has slightly scared my away. I think I wanted more of a Super Metroid game. Don't mind the look of it. They claim the developer fallen wide of the mark. The combat leans towards more Other M. Starting to think I need to play it first....