No announcement yet.

The Official movie trailer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor Swift as a cat is...interesting...

Comment

So Sonic the Hedgehog wasn’t the only demon who was unleashed into our realm following those dark and twisted rituals.

Comment

As soon as the name James Corden appeared I stopped the trailer.

Comment

Countdown before someone does a fan edit of it as a horror film

Comment

I'm in for anything to do with Mister Rogers. This looks like it could be lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Am I the only one who quite liked the Charlie's Angels movies?!

They're not masterpieces, but they're good fun with some nice elements.
              I like:
              The Yuen Cheun-yan's fight choreography
              Bill Murray
              The Soundtrack
              Marty McFly's dad as the bad guy
              Tim Curry
              Sam Rockwell
              The F1 chase

The first film was McG's first film, which I felt was a fun and upbeat movie.
              Yes. Yes you are

Comment

Can you make a zombie film trailer and have almost no zombies in it? Yes, yes you can. Still, I enjoyed the first and I'm looking forward to this:

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Can you make a zombie film trailer and have almost no zombies in it? Yes, yes you can. Still, I enjoyed the first and I'm looking forward to this:

In

Comment

I just read that the Trailer for Christopher Nolan's new film TENET is shown before Hobbs and Shaw. Not much is known about the film at this point but its rumored to have a 250mil budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I just read that the Trailer for Christopher Nolan's new film TENET is shown before Hobbs and Shaw. Not much is known about the film at this point but its rumored to have a 250mil budget.
                      I really hope the trailer is just him at a big bonfire and the camera slowly zooms in... closer... closer... until we see it's all that money he is burning.

Comment

Apparently from what the teaser suggests its a spy movie with time travel elements. Honestly, I think Nolan's a fine enough director but he owes a massive debt to Warner Bros' marketing department.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Nolan at all. Most of his films are over rated. I think Dunkirk is his best film because his wide angles and 'cold' cinematic style suited it.

Comment

Haven't seen Dunkirk. I have really loved some of his movies but they're cold. Even Interstellar which has such an emotive core and got me welling up simply with the trailer is a cold movie compared with what it could have been. I think he is brilliant with visuals and does have something unique to him, which actually maybe isn't all that common these days so I guess I totally get why he gets so much attention.

Comment

He's like Snyder, his has a real flair with cinematography and a strong mindset on what a story should be but almost a complete disconnect from how to deliver a human story. Looking back at his pre-Batman career it's staggering he ever got the gig. Memento and Insomnia are liked films but they weren't hits that warranted the scale of film Begins was.

I still feel like Begins remains his best work. It looks great and it tells the origin of Batman really well, importantly it works because it's Batman's story - he's not a character we feel an emotional investment in which fits right into Nolan's wheelhouse. Dark Knight is good but it never worked for me as well and I feel it's because TDK is more about Bruce than it is Batman, it's focus is on how being Batman affects Bruce and the costs of that but as a viewer I don't care at all about the character because > Nolan

Inception, it's a fun enough film largely because of the visuals and it stays just on the right side of simple enough. The dead wife subplot fails to make an impact though because again, Nolan always seems to tell us 'a sad thing happened' instead of feeling it.

Interstellar, well, it's hot take territory but I feel like the film is peak Nolan. The ultimate expression of his mastery of the visual and complete disconnect on character. It's a big film with ambitious visuals but by the grace of god himself could I care less about the story or the ending be any more of failed pay off. By far, a very distant far, his most overrated work.

Dunkirk, it's solid but again because it suits his control of the screen and because it doesn't really focus on any one character. There's no character depth in the film so it avoids his usual trappings. It looks good, it's a pretty efficient film but it's also emotionally dead and fairly forgettable.

A look at this box office takings also shows, he's a hit maker but nothing out of line with numerous others currently working with the studios on key films. The Batman trilogy just seems to have bestowed him with a nerd aura people gravitate too even though he clearly bored of them even when he was making the films.

I pray, pray hard that he never gets his eager clutches on the Bond franchise. When Daniel Craig is gone the last thing the franchise needs is the cold, dead eyed soul of Nolan's direction rebooting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                He's like Snyder
                                That's like saying Usain Bolt is like a toddler running in a playground. Yes, I get what you mean and you're right - they both run - but they're on whole other levels. Yep, they can both do pretty visuals and, yep, you can say they don't connect to character emotion but Snyder has zero storytelling skills and Nolan can tell a good story.

Comment

Working...
                                X