Shrunk: Honey I Shrunk the Kids 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrunk: Honey I Shrunk the Kids 4

Walt Disney Pictures is reportedly developing “Shrunk,” a reboot but also a ‘legacy-quel’ of classic comedy “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids” with Josh Gad signed on to star in the Rick Moranis role reports Slashfilm. In the Joe Johnston-helmed original, Moranis played a scientist father who accidentally shrinks his teenage son and daughter (alongside some […]

Disney is reviving the Honey I Shrunk the Kids franchise with a semi-reboot that will do to the franchise what Jurassic World did by starting afresh without disposing of the canon of the original trilogy (not sure why given they'll never get Moranis back).

Josh Gad will play the lead in the film who is the grown up son of Moranis.

Rick Moranis is reportedly in talks to join “Shrunk,” the “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” follow-up currently in the works for at Disney reports The DisInsider. Moranis has largely stayed out of the entertainment world since the 1990s, taking on mostly voice roles. He hasn’t starred in a live-action movie in over two decades and […]

Can't do Ghostbusters 3 but... Rick Moranis is in talks to return for the fourth Honey I Shrunk the Kids film at Disney. Captain America: First Avenger/Rocketeer director Joe Johnston in is talks to direct and the films is said to be cinema bound now.

Comment

There was a third film??

Comment

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
        Honey, I Blew Up The Kid
        Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves

Comment

I had no idea! Looking at the reviews I'm glad I didn't know about it.

Comment

“Spaceballs” and “Ghostbusters” actor Rick Moranis, who has largely been retired from Hollywood for two decades, has now reportedly closed his deal to star in the new film “Shrunk” at Disney Pictures. The film is a follow-up to 1989’s “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” and its two sequels, and sees Moranis return as Wayne Szalinski. […]

Reportedly Moranis is now on board

Comment

I feel like we’re getting into reboots of films nobody cares about now. Next up, the reboot of Bicentennial Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I feel like we’re getting into reboots of films nobody cares about now. Next up, the reboot of Bicentennial Man.
                That's great, though!
                Hollywood is hell bent on remaking all the classics that don't need remaking.

There are loads of meh films that have potential that could be improved.

Obviously, I wish they'd stop the whole remakes thing, but they won't, so this is a compromise.

Comment

Honey I Shrunk The Kids may have started my lifelong obsession with tiny people in a normal world. Riding an ant was a phenomenal scene for me. Borrowers on BBC cemented my love of the genre. Downsizing almost killed it for me. I mean, I understand climate change but I just wanted a little people and normal sized objects film.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Honey I Shrunk The Kids may have started my lifelong obsession with tiny people in a normal world.
                    I think that's something everyone loves - either being a giant or being tiny.

I love a good model village or a diorama with lots going on.
                    The Honey I Shrunk the Audience and tiny garden playground at Disneyland is pretty sweet!

Comment

Honey I Shrunk The Audience is great. I remember seeing that when I was a kid in the 90s and being absolutely blown away.

The film is pretty good, although it never grabbed me as much as it did some. I never saw the sequels. I think creating a fourth one is an...OK idea? I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I think that's something everyone loves - either being a giant or being tiny.
                        Mrs Chimp confirms that you have the latter criteria covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Next up, the reboot of Bicentennial Man.
                          Not before a remake of Toys starring Johnny Depp.

Comment

Working...
                          X