Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished off my platinum for The Surge, now playing another backlog PS+ game, Mafia III. That make 5 of my freebies so far this year, I've spent less than a tenner so far in 2019.

Comment

I finished Ocarina of Time. Yay! It’s still a classic and deserves all the accolades but it has finally become a bit of a chore for me, mostly just because I have replayed it so many times. Many of the dungeons are great and the move from 2D to 3D is still, to me, one of the finest here that we’ve ever seen capturing some of the best of the 3D design while totally embracing its new 3D space. But at this point, of course, it’s not new. It’s old and so can’t quite have the same impact especially for someone who has played through it a bunch of times. Still a classic though.

I got Cadence of Hyrule and it’s adorable and so full of charm but I’m really bad at it so I have some figuring out to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I finished Ocarina of Time. Yay! It’s still a classic and deserves all the accolades but it has finally become a bit of a chore for me, mostly just because I have replayed it so many times. Many of the dungeons are great and the move from 2D to 3D is still, to me, one of the finest here that we’ve ever seen capturing some of the best of the 3D design while totally embracing its new 3D space. But at this point, of course, it’s not new. It’s old and so can’t quite have the same impact especially for someone who has played through it a bunch of times. Still a classic though.

I got Cadence of Hyrule and it’s adorable and so full of charm but I’m really bad at it so I have some figuring out to do.
        No Majora at some point? I reckon it's an even better remaster than OoT.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          No Majora at some point? I reckon it's an even better remaster than OoT.
          I replayed that when it came out on 3DS and, yeah, I might replay it at some point but would need a Zelda break first. I really admire Majora’s Mask for how different it is but, personally, I have never enjoyed it as much as Ocarina. It’s still really interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            More SRIV, practically ALL DAY from like 10am-8pm.

It's then when you see all the flaws. Frame rate is often TERRIBLE, all the missions practically identikit carnage missions, it's a bloody mess tbh.

Still lovin it but opinion has changed. It's really fudgy to play, you just can't trust the controls.

Started off thinking this was ace but it's pretty shonky, not quite the 'remaster' it's claiming to be, I saw some SHOCKING frame drops a few hours back, I am sincerely calling 5fps...
            The remaster is definately better than the 360 version! That was super jank, when you did the high speed running and the cars blew around it would go to like 10fps.

Amazingly , Gat our of hell is even worse.

I really enjoyed SRIV, especially in co-op.
            It’s more Prototype than Crackdown, but it’s clearly inspired by it .

Comment

I'm back on it today and it's super-fun again. Yeah, it's very Prototype-y, if anything it reminds me very much of the original Infamous game. I think playing it ten hours straight may have been too much...

Some Xmas missions just popped up in my side quests so will be trying them shortly.

Comment

DQ builders 2 , it’s bloody goes through your battery

Comment

Been chipping away at the remaining trophies on tetris effect as i head towards level 100, currently at level 97. Decided to play through journey mode in a single continuous sitting to get some more exp. Finally managed to get a perfectris, not an easy feat at all but it was fun. 18 lines baby, yass

Pretty much the best tetris game that's been released so far.

Comment

Looking to the weekend ahead, likely to be a couple of missions in Destiny 2 and I might make a start on Far Cry: New Dawn for which I hold little hope because Ubisoft has utterly flogged the series to death with staleness by this point and a regurgitation of FC5 isn't something I feel will hold my interest for long.

Comment

Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, MK8D.

Comment

Nearly done with Yakuza 0. Final Fantasy VII next week with all of the fancy mods.

Comment

Dragon Quest Builders 2 [NSW]. My first attempt on the genre, totally addicted. Also on final boss on both Mega Man Legends [PSX/PSV] and Blaster Master Zero 2 [NSW]. The former makes me want to get a L2/R2 grip.

SF: I preferred New Dawn to 5 myself
                          Last edited by Nico87; 19-07-2019, 23:55.

Comment

[MENTION=15230]Nico87[/MENTION]: that's a coincidence as I've just started Dragon Quest Builders on PS Vita (physical). I've had it for ages and just got enough time on my holiday to put some hours in. It's starting to open up and I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

More Titanfall 2 - just about to hit G40. Player numbers back up now which is great and the standard of play is very competitive. At least 2-3 adrenaline rushing moments, guaranteed every game!

Been putting abit of time into V Rally 4 and it has the most frustrating, mean progression system I have seen, but plays great a looks very nice in 4k.

Comment

Resident Evil 2 remake. My God, this is simply awesome. Absolutely love it. Nearly done with Leon’s campaign now, cannot wait to play more.

The improvements are simply immense, but it’s also reminded me how much I love old school Resi. I’m suddenly eager to play Origins Collection - I’d like to get it on Switch but it’s £50 versus £12 on Xbox. Classic Switch tax.

Comment

Working...
                                X