Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ice-ron-howard

A factor Ritchie Cunningham, a factor - not the reason. It'd be a huge mistake for Disney to think trolling is purely why Solo failed
    I watch Solo for the first time a few weeks back and actually liked it. It was better than Rogue One and Last Jedi IMO.

Comment

I've been feeling a temptation to rewatch all four modern entries, I've been wondering what a reappraisal would result in

Comment

Meet the new Sith Troopers

Comment

Well they look like they came from a prequel series spin-off and I could happily have left the word Sith behind forever but I guess context will be everything in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Well they look like they came from a prequel series spin-off and I could happily have left the word Sith behind forever but I guess context will be everything in this case.
            If the rumours of them working on a KOTOR movie are true, you definitely aren't going to see that wish fulfilled (though I fully understand why you're keen on it).

To be honest, a really good KOTOR movie is probably the best thing that could happen to Star Wars. The moment it became clear the cast was too old to reprise their roles properly and they weren't going to follow the direction of the old Expanded Universe, they should've sought to do that. Star Wars is a huge universe, both in terms of the size of the world it has created as well as the chance to go into that world's future or into the past. Disney is squandering it by doing movies that dovetail with the original saga; the only real success in my eyes was Rogue One because it really went for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              If the rumours of them working on a KOTOR movie are true, you definitely aren't going to see that wish fulfilled (though I fully understand why you're keen on it).

To be honest, a really good KOTOR movie is probably the best thing that could happen to Star Wars. The moment it became clear the cast was too old to reprise their roles properly and they weren't going to follow the direction of the old Expanded Universe, they should've sought to do that. Star Wars is a huge universe, both in terms of the size of the world it has created as well as the chance to go into that world's future or into the past. Disney is squandering it by doing movies that dovetail with the original saga; the only real success in my eyes was Rogue One because it really went for it.
              Yep. They can really let rip with a KOTOR movie, full on war and tons of high powered Jedi & Sith chopping each other to pieces.

The sooner this s**t show of the latest 3 movies are done and forgotten about the better.

More Rogue One, less whiney little Luke and his sulky retreat island.

Comment

Anyone seen adywans ESB? Brilliant!

Comment

Nice to see some love for Rogue One and Solo, both really enjoyable in their own way. I couldn't see any issues with Solo either, in fact if we don't find out how/why

Darth Maul

is alive, I'll be proper pissed.

Comment

I think that is covered in one of the cartoon shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I think that is covered in one of the cartoon shows.
                      All covered in the clone wars series isn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        All covered in the clone wars series isn’t it?

Yes, I think you’re right. I didn’t watch it but looked up the Maul stuff at one point because I was curious. It was interesting but very much expanded universe type stuff which is part of what threw Solo into a different category for me as a movie. It’s fun but felt more like a cartoon spin-off rather than a Star Wars movie. Like when you see Leia In Rebels but it’s not really Leia and there is a whole bunch of stuff never referred to in the actual movies but still a fun watch for what it is. That was Solo for me.

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 19-07-2019, 08:26.

Comment

The Maul moment in Solo is going to come up as a sticking point for years now thanks to the film not receiving a sequel. It highlights the issue with the whole cross-media canon approach as it's a big reveal at the end point of a major cinematic release but rests entirely on familiarity on a cartoon series the vast majority of the films viewers haven't nor will ever see to make any sense. Hopefully they contextualise it in another film at some point but really, like the MCU series, it's best kept separate.

Comment

OK that spoiler in Solo would've got me to see it had I known about it. The trailers just left me really cold.

Comment

Gah! Sorry, that’s my fault. I should have spoilered my mention. Although seems it would have been a positive but I’ll spoiler it now just in case. In all honesty it’s a tiny little cameo of little consequence other than serving as a teaser for what could be explored in a sequel.

Comment

Thought I'd post this as I saw it recently and it reminded me of some of the discussion earlier in the thread:

It's from a marketing presentation at a recent tech convention, and it relates to all of the nerd-rage that Lucasfilm/Disney have suffered with the Star Wars fandom over the last few years. Now of course, nothing "makes it okay" when people are sending death threats over a movie; that's just being a twat with no justification; but I still feel that for Lucasfilm, the stuff short of that (such as the fan-review-bombing and YouTube tirades) are a beast of their own creation.

Comment

Working...
                                X