Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Some footage from BitSummit 2019 which is a Japanese indie game festival, June 1st - 2nd.

That’s starting to look nice now....

Comment

Whoever is playing that seems to have never played SoR before. Jumping to pick up the apple? and not just grabbing the slider guy and slam-dunking him. Rookie mistakes. lol
      I'll concede that this looks quite fun, and I have been critical.

Comment

Soundtrack confirmed to include: Yuzo Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima, Yoko Shimomura, Keiji Yamagishi, Hideki Naganuma.

That'll be why they were being coy about it before now

Comment

Bloody hell. What a line-up. Looking forward to hearing that

Comment

Great lineup indeed! Shame they're making no effort with the visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              It's been their plan all along - distract everybody with the art-style to distract from the impending announcement that Yuzo Koshiro will not be making the music for this.
              Am pleased that i got this wrong, tbh. Shimomura-chan as well!

Still not feeling SoR4’s visuals but at least the BGM should be banging!

Comment

Got to say though i really like the art style, though it is the animation that helps, seen lots of games with similar art but they suffer by really lacking frames of animation

Comment

Yuzo Koshiro Thinks You're Going To Love Streets Of Rage 4

"Today, the news we had all hoped and prayed for was confirmed: Streets of Rage 4 is coming to Nintendo Switch, along with a new playable character.

A collaboration between Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games, DotEmu and Sega, this side-scrolling brawler aims to resurrect one of the most beloved Mega Drive / Genesis franchises in spectacular style – and naturally, legendary composer Yuzo Koshiro is on-board, along with his collaborator on the second and third Streets of Rage titles, Motohiro Kawashima.

We were lucky enough to visit Koshiro-san in his Toyko studio recently, and one of the questions we asked was exactly how he became involved with Streets of Rage 4. He reveals that the project was in fact well underway by the time he was approached and asked to be involved:

I wasn’t involved from the start. I found they had already started the project when I got an email from DotEmu. In that email, some screenshots were attached. There was the title screen logo and some characters and background graphics, they had already started the project at that time. Actually, after they revealed the project, I saw a lot of messages from fans on Twitter say they wanted me to join the project.

The DotEmu staff then personally met with Koshiro to demonstrate the game to him, and he says his initial reaction was overwhelmingly positive:

I met the DotEmu staff for the first time at Diggin’ in the Carts Live, which was held in Paris on September 2018. They came to my hotel and showed me a very early demo of Streets of Rage 4 on a laptop PC. I played the game right away, it was so amazing! The graphics are great! The most interesting thing is the feeling of the actions; it is very close to Streets of Rage 2, which is the most popular title of the series. It was more than perfect, as it also has additional actions as well.

Even so, this demo wasn't enough to convince him to sign on the dotted line there and then; it would be a subsequent demo that did that job:

I hadn’t decided to join the project at the time. I met them again at BitSummit in Kyoto in June 2019. There was a first meeting where all the Japanese composers who would join the project got together. They brought the latest version of Streets of Rage 4 to BitSummit. I played the game again at the DotEmu booth and it looked way better than the previous version that I played in Paris, and thought it was great. I admired the game, so after that I decided to join the project."

Comment

Yuzo Koshiro wouldn't sign my Streets of Rage 2 cart though. The dick.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Yuzo Koshiro wouldn't sign my Streets of Rage 2 cart though. The dick.
                      Well, you were holding the cart between your buttocks at the time, so...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Well, you were holding the cart between your buttocks at the time, so...
                        That's how Koshiro was holding the pen. His signature is a total mess.

Comment

I'm assuming this Cherry Hunter character is some relation to Shiva? Isn't that the shirtless guy in the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I'm assuming this Cherry Hunter character is some relation to Shiva? Isn't that the shirtless guy in the video?
                            That did indeed look like Shiva. Hmmm

Not sure on Cheery though, what's the guitar all about????? Not exactly authentic no other characters ever had a weapon/instrument. Also she seems to have some similar moves to Skate with the head puching thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              She’s the daughter of Adam from the the first SoR.

Comment

Still think this looks good. Many were dissing it for its lack of Koshiro. It now has Koshiro.

I am looking forward to an old school side scrolling brawler and I’d love this to deliver.

Comment

Working...
                                X