His Dark Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His Dark Materials

HBO isn't just banking on spin-offs to replace Game of Thrones, here is the trailer for their adaptation of His Dark Materials that has already had a second season commissioned:

What? I thought this was being made by the BBC?

Comment

Think its a collab. Still so flippin excited!!! Iorek is AWESOME

Comment

Newest trailer

Hoping its still having stuff added to it because it concerns me how few Daemons we see in the trailers still.
        TBH looking forward to The Subtle knife more than this series but most of my favorite characters feature in this trailer so still excited.

Kind of the whole point of this series, especially the first book, is seeing someone without their daemon is like seeing someone without a head in this world, be it physically able to see them and without the deamon the person would be seen to be like a zombie.

Only the main characters seem to have them atm but aware earlier trailers had NO daemons at all

Comment

Presenting the upcoming TV series adaptation of Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” novel trilogy as part of its Television Critics Association press tour this week, HBO has confirmed that the series will only consist of two seasons of eight episodes each. A co-production with the BBC, the story is set in a universe where humans […]

HBO have confirmed that the show will only run for 2 8-episode seasons

Comment

Whaaaaat? I could've sworn I also read somewhere the other day that each season would cover one book, so, er... what?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Whaaaaat? I could've sworn I also read somewhere the other day that each season would cover one book, so, er... what?
              Knew it. They're going to drop the whole subplot involving the

Mulefa and their world.

It's the only way they could possibly shorten the show that much.

Comment

His Dark Materials HBO and the BBC have set the premiere dates for the big-budget adaptation of Phillip Pullman’s novel series “His Dark Materials”. The BBC will air it first in the UK on Sunday November 3rd and HBO will air it on Monday nights from November 4th in the United States. HBO will also […]

Starts airing on 03 November 2019

Comment

Working...
                X