User Tag List

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Steam Version

Mcu Vs Mostly Umvc3

I have not seen such a mixed bag since I got a Pick n mix sweets pack

Pros
    -I believe at its heart the core gameplay is sound and it reminded me a bit of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom but with a far more open tag system that really opens up the Possibilites
    -Infinity stones are very cool and also add to the gameplay (and graphically I love the effects when using the super versions)
    -Net code is pretty good.
    -Some characters look good and animate well, also I do like the background stages though shame there is not more
    -Music is good
    -Arcade mode yay

Cons
    -Characters for the most part look awful even after the fixes, it is like they have tried to do a more realistic look and yet tried to keep the comic look at the same time and characters just look weird
    -Roster, Funnily enough if this game was announced 10 years ago probably would not have been as much of a issue but having so many recycled characters and while Marvel was holding the cards for their characters "insert where is my X-men character comment here "Capcoms choices of characters coming back is so bizarre......I mean come on Arthur and Firebrand ??? and not many new characters
    -Arcade mode no character endings boooo
    -Story mode while I appreciate it is there.....it is just not very good, voice acting feels forced and pretty badly delivered
    -Denuvo (though at least it was shown in advance)
    -Saving the new characters for DLC

I'll grab this at some point for sure, but I'm really loathed to do it straight off the bat when they're doubling down on this idea that rolling out a base game for the eSports crowd is an acceptable way to launch. In that sense, how does it feel in comparison with SFV?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I'll grab this at some point for sure, but I'm really loathed to do it straight off the bat when they're doubling down on this idea that rolling out a base game for the eSports crowd is an acceptable way to launch. In that sense, how does it feel in comparison with SFV?
    To me feels like Tatsunoko Vs Capcom though tagging can be done at any time, Launched with a lot more content then SFV did but still does not feel quite right

Only had a quick go last night but what little I played was okay if at the same time feeling like a simplified version of UvC3. It's not awful but I can easily imagine it'll only hold my attention for a very short time.
    The feeling that it's time Capcom permanently retired the MvC series is strong.

Another day or two's light play and I already felt burnt out with this, I doubt I'd revisit it over the other entries.