Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rees-Mogg has apparently sent a memo of banned words and said his staff must use Imperial measurements in their communications.

Words fail me.

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

I NEED PEOPLE TO BE ANGRIER

I NEED THIS

Comment

He has also banned the use of a comma before ‘and’.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            He has also banned the use of a comma before ‘and’.
            Why is this just being laughed off?! It's unbelievably regressive!

People online are rolling their eyes while the march of human progress is being undone!

Comment

I have answers but I don’t think you’ll like them. People aren’t taking it seriously because they are tired. Because they are bored. Because they are desensitised. Because they are far too along down a path that began as baby steps and then larger leaps. This is the frog in hot water analogy having played out. This is because people put Katie Hopkins on the telly and thought it was funny instead of dangerous. Or Farage. This is because people wanted to be reasonable and play “let’s hear them out” when all the warning signs are there. This is because people did the “well, both sides” in an effort to appear balanced while completely validating things that should have been nipped in the bud years ago. This is because people accepted the result of a referendum that everyone knows was based on lies and called it democracy and said it had to play out anyway. This is because people have grown up seeing a Daily Mail and Sun cover every single day of their lives and were fine with it. This is because Have I Got News For You wanted to do satire and, in the process, made people like Boris entertaining.

This and so many other reasons is why this is being laughed off. The frog is in the pot and the water has boiled.

Comment

He wouldn’t stop me using those words and if he tried to sack me I’d take the little bitch to the cleaners.

Comment

I've no clue why Sports Direct autolinks. Going into edit it appears as plain text, hovering over it says Link added by VigLink

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I've no clue why Sports Direct autolinks. Going into edit it appears as plain text, hovering over it says Link added by VigLink
                    I saw some other thread doing that earlier. Maybe [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] can help.

Comment

Yeah, I'm playing around with alternatives to skimlinks. So far viglinks is a bit rubbish but I'll leave it going a bit longer so I can get some proper data.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Rees-Mogg has apparently sent a memo of banned words and said his staff must use Imperial measurements in their communications.

Words fail me.
                        The man is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          The man is an idiot.
                          He's not though! That's the problem! He's a powerful elected official!

Comment

Clearly focusing on the important issues affecting the nation

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Yeah, I'm playing around with alternatives to skimlinks. So far viglinks is a bit rubbish but I'll leave it going a bit longer so I can get some proper data.
                              You are turning the site into a Mag stronghold. Treasonous cur.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                He's not though! That's the problem! He's a powerful elected official!
                                I don't think we need to be concerned that he's somehow going to invoke 1984 'Newspeak' across the globe.

Comment

Working...
                                X