This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    It sounds like the Dead Rising Chinese restaurant's warning to would-be cash register vandals:

Chop Till?
    You Drop!
    Was thinking same thing. It's nice to know that Bob Monkhouse typa thinkers still exist.

It gives me great faith in a world that seems like chaos.

Comment

Forgot to mention GOTTLIEB PINBALL CLASSICS, too, pity it couldn't have been 480p or at least 60hz, it's a fine package made with love...except it came out over in Blighty via System 3, who were VERY past their Last Ninja games at the time and WELL into budget PS2 games with no 60HZ option or PAL optimisation. And their Impossible Mission reboot. Well, "re-sock".

It's a pity. Played one of the 'free' tables at the start and got 24 pages of tips on how to play it.

It might sound like overkill but with a 40yr old pinball machine it isn't. This is a luxury game, glad it got released but shame it got the shoddy PAL treatment.

The squatter screen res means the ball looks like an ovum when you're kicking off popping the ball out. Bad form.

I don't know about anyone else but when I see, witness, engage with, caress QUALITY, then I cherish it, take care of it, admire it.

Anyhoo. Glad it got released. A pin-sharp remaster with enhanced everything would be brilliant. They even stick in an old Love-O-Meter machine.

It deserves the true respect it deserves!!!!
      Last edited by JazzFunk; 27-09-2019, 02:29.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Was thinking same thing. It's nice to know that Bob Monkhouse typa thinkers still exist.

We're 6000 miles apart, but our comedic mind particles are quantally entangled.

Comment

I still love his "People laughed at me when I told them I wanted to be a comedian, well you're not laughing now!"

Comment

This weekend it'll be Metro: Exodus with maybe some more time chipping at rain

Comment

Finally made it back from the week long expedition to the center of the galaxy. Here is a load of shots of my trip and also some from the build up. Before and after of my souped up explorer ship, looking a bit tatty after that long distance.

Early on, but rare asteroid base on the route upto Colonia

Some alien ruins where I picked up some tech to boost my jump range

Another base on route via Colonia, which is then a 10,000 ly route to the center with no bases (apart from one)

As you get closer to the center, the stars get more and more compact.

Finally the giant black hole at the center

Some weird stuff in deep space, and ship starting to wear.

Last edited by vanpeebles; 27-09-2019, 21:28.

Comment

Looks really cool. Do you play with a HOTAS [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION]?

Comment

Found myself hooked on the free roaming aspect of Spiderman Web of Shadows (360). It's excellent! Very atmospheric city, populated, controls a bit fudgy when climbing buildings but having lots of fun with this.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Looks really cool. Do you play with a HOTAS [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION]?
                    Only if I've had a curry or bowl of chili.

Comment

Forgot to mention GOTTLIEB PINBALL CLASSICS, too, pity it couldn't have been 480p or at least 60hz, it's a fine package made with love...except it came out over in Blighty via System 3, who were VERY past their Last Ninja games at the time and WELL into budget PS2 games with no 60HZ option or PAL optimisation. And their Impossible Mission reboot. Well, "re-sock".
                      I've got Gottlieb and Williams on the Wii (NTSC versions). Great games.

Comment

As we're talking Wii, is it still possible to re-download old WiiWare games you've already bought? Lost the SD card that had all my Rebirth games and Rondo and Sin & Punishment and don't wanna lose 'em...

Comment

Nope. I believe the shop is gone.

Comment

Bugger. The words "needle" and "haystack" spring to mind. Ah, well, somehow Gradius Rebirth ended up on this other card so not all is lost. And I just found my GC controller

Comment

I finished Metroid Fusion today. I remember it being better but I was left feeling that it’s not great at all by Metroid standards. A few nice things, like the suit looks great and the animation is good. Actually generally the art is pretty good with some of the background art being good too. The ledge grab move feels like it should always have been there so that’s a plus.

The location is pretty dull but, really, for me the crime of this game is the structure. It constantly tells you where to go and, for a large part, puts in locks to prevent you going elsewhere and, coming from Super Metroid, I found that very frustrating. There are of course locks in Super Metroid too that are unlocked with your new abilities - early on some doors won’t open without rockets, some walls need the bombs and so on. But they are so naturally implemented in that game while feeling very clumsy in this one. Coloured locks, doors previously open then locking when the game wants to force you to go somewhere and attempts to make some of these feel natural that just fail - like in one place, a path is blocked by cocoon things until you make it to a particular room and then they all hatch and you can now pass them. It sounds like it might be okay but it’s obvious and clumsy.

There might be a point at which the game is 100% open. If there is, I missed it because I was going to see what I missed towards the end and a lot of doors were arbitrarily locked again and that was just frustrating.

And the bosses are terrible generally. Areas are too small and you can get randomly trapped so a boss can just hit you again and again. This never happened in Super Metroid. Even Ridley who has attacks pretty much impossible to avoid (for me) in Super Metroid will at least only get one hit in at a time. Not one boss battle in Super Metroid frustrated, even though some were tough. Many boss battles in Fusion were just an annoyance. So I didn’t enjoy those.

So it probably wasn’t a great idea to go straight from Super Metroid to Fusion but, by comparison, Fusion just doesn’t work for me.

When are we getting Metroid 5?

I’d like to play Zero Mission next but my Micro is too small for my old eyes now and I dug up my old SP and the screen isn’t great at all. Might need to buy something to play it on.

Comment

I believe that the PC Emulator called Dolphin or a soft modded Wii can play them?

Comment

Working...
                                X