Clear All

Good Omens

Superman Falls' post in Bordersdown > Music, Movies and TV > Digital Stream

Amazon UK (May 31 2019)
    Amazon US (May 31 2019)
    BBC Two (airdate TBC)

Teaser

Originally posted by Synopsis
    The End of the World is coming, which means a fussy Angel and a loose-living Demon who've become overly fond of life on Earth are forced to form an unlikely alliance to stop Armageddon. But they have lost the Antichrist, an 11-year-old boy unaware he's meant to bring upon the end of days, forcing them to embark on an adventure to find him and save the world before it's too late.
    Cast
    Michael Sheen
    David Tennant
    Jon Hamm
    Anna Maxwell Martin
    Josie Lawrence
    Adria Arjona
    Michael McKean
    Jack Whitehall
    Miranda Richardson
    Mireille Enos
    Lourdes Faberes
    Yusuf Gatewood
    Brian Cox (Voice)
    Reece Shearsmith
    Nina Sosanya
    Ned Dennehy
    Ariyon Bakare
    Frances McDormand
    Benedict Cumberbatch (Voice)
    Derek Jacobi
    Steve Pemberton
    Mark Gatiss
    Nick Offerman
    and more!

Really looking forward to this. Legend says that after Pratchett's death, Gaiman had no interest in working on this alone but changed his mind when he received a letter from Pratchett. Pratchett had arranged for the letter to be sent after his death and urged Gaiman to finish the adaptation without him.

There has also been a radio adaptation.

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
      Gaiman had no interest in working on this alone but changed his mind when he received a letter from Pratchett. Pratchett had arranged for the letter to be sent after his death and urged Gaiman to finish the adaptation without him.
      I hadn't heard that. That's lovely. I adored the book back in the day and can't really remember anything about it. I think I'll definitely watch this.

Comment

I was just reading about this in The Guardian today https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...iew-good-omens

Comment

Neil Gaiman’s work is bloody marvellous. Sandman is just magnificent!

Comment

Watched the first episode last night, I've never read the book so it's nice going in cold. It looks nicely made, I'm a bit on the fence still one ep in as it felt like the opening is very much just setting the scene.

Comment

This is absolutely fantastic. Potentially the best "streaming" series I've ever seen; up there with the first season of Stranger Things. Probably only beat out by Bojack Horseman.

Comment

US Christian group condemns Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s story as ‘making satanism appear normal’ – but petition wrong company

20,000 Christians have signed and submitted a petition to call for Amazon's Good Omens to be cancelled as they claim it helps to normalise Satanism. The petition is now submitted and pending review following its submittal to Netflix.

... wait for it... yes, that's it. Glorious isn't it?

Comment

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Haha. That's class

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...erry-pratchett

20,000 Christians have signed and submitted a petition to call for Amazon's Good Omens to be cancelled as they claim it helps to normalise Satanism. The petition is now submitted and pending review following its submittal to Netflix.

... wait for it... yes, that's it. Glorious isn't it?
                      In response to this, Amazon have threatened to cancel Stranger Things if Netflix cancels Good Omens.

Comment

In a surprising announcement, Amazon Studios has renewed its TV series adaptation of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman’s fantasy novel “Good Omens” for a second season. The order comes more than two years since the first season aired on the service back in May 2019. The new season is expected to consist of six episodes […]

Very belatedly Amazon has greenlit Good Omens: Season 02 which will head into territory Pratchett and Gaiman had once talked about going into years ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X