Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

We've had the original, then the sequels, then the remaster and now we're set to get a reboot as this years CoD will be a reboot of Modern Warfare. A full reveal is expected soon.

Can't wait. infinite Warfare was awesome midless fun with incredible graphics and set pices and I've enjoyed every COD game Infinity Ward put on, so looking forward to this on the One X

Comment

Out 25 October 2019:

Key Details:

-Campaign returns
      -New graphics engine
      -Crossplay confirmed
      -No season pass

Comment

I hope it's cross play between consoles and that this is a sign of things to come.

I'd love to see cross play be standard for big multiplayer franchises as it doesn't split the user base.

Comment

Looks pie hot, can't wait

Comment

Meh...

Comment

Might be worth leaving this latest news here, although I think there is material for a larger thread around communication from publishers and developers.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare dev asks angry fans to "remember there's a team of human beings at Infinity Ward" - "We have crappy days just like you."

It's been a rocky week for the team behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. After taking a hammering from fans over the timed PS4 exclusivity deal for Survival mode, talk of weapons being added to supply drops (loot boxes) began to spread online after a leaker claimed the drops would no longer be cosmetic-only, and it didn't take long for hundreds of complaints to appear on Twitter and the Modern Warfare subreddit.
              "Take a second and think about who on the production side comes to this sub and reads through the comments," the post begins.

"We are a mixed bag of nerds, jocks, and everything in between. It's amazing but we all get along and come together every day to build something that we believe in. We've dedicated our careers to being the best at what we do and to making the best possible game we can make."

Emslie also emphasised the importance of the sub in providing thoughts and feedback, and regarding the current drama, assured players they are "being heard, all of it".
              Of course as noted in the EG link above, this statement comes off the back of the 12-month exclusive PlayStation Survival game mode, leaked evidence of weapons being in Loot boxes (along with lots more 'filler') and extremely poor netcode (YouTube Battle(non)sense video - channel is great from in-depth look at netcode like these). So overall a very bad week for IW/Activision where they lost control of their PR.

I appreciate it must be very difficult for the developers, and there is no-doubt over the top, insulting and inappropriate and offensive behaviours from some fans. But also a majority of well voiced concerns about a popular game that people enjoy. People are clearly sick of aggressive and abusive business models and the deceitful communication that comes with it.

Comment

Yeah, aggressive MTX are bad, but too many gamers take it way too far. There’s no excuse for the most extreme behaviour, and it isn’t confined to only a few sadly. Always worth remembering that we’re talking about video games here. Video games, people!

Comment

Sure unreasonable behaviour on the internet is rife. That said having read through much of the r/modernwarfare tonight, the sheer majority is memes, jokes, feedback and opinions voiced in various ways that I wouldn't describe as unreasonable. But obviously I don't see everything the developer does.

That said 'blowing up' on social media is by far the most efficient tactics consumers have in forcing change. Not buying a game, or buying a game and not spending on MTX doesn't work.

Comment

UPDATE 10/10/19: Activision has updated its official system requirements for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PC, offeri…

PC version requires 175GB

Comment

Further update on this one, but one of the developers decides to post a response about monitisation in MW 2019.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-on-loot-boxes

"Sigh. There continues to be misinformed and incorrect info being pushed about Modern Warfare. What I can say right now is that we are definitely NOT working on any kind of supply drop or loot box system. Also, functional stuff is unlocked through GAMEPLAY. Stay tuned, we're planning to release info this week."
                      At best maybe confirmation that the game is moving away from loot boxes and towards battlepasses and in-game purchases. However arguably intentionally vague and provides no clarity on the business model which the fans have been asking for. The condescending tone of the communication does not help either.

Comment

It’s gonna be rammed with additional stuff to buy. Of that there can be no doubt surely.

It sounds like it should be a decent package of content though, even without choosing to buy all the other stuff.

Comment

This is my next game purchase. Ground War, Spec Ops and Gunfight modes especially.

This Gunfight video has got me excited...

Ground War

Comment

I'm expecting straight cosmetic DLC stuff for the most part, maybe the odd weapon etc. I feel like, given the change of model for this one and amount of reworking done they're trying to use MW2019 as an attempt to recharge the community interest so good will is needed.

Comment

That 64 player mode looks like it has so many fundamental issues its not even been tested.

Comment

Working...
                              X